Other forums?

Most are rigorously moderated by "study hall monitor" types with no sense of humor and Gestapo like tendencies. Years ago this very forum had a huge "schism" over moderation and some departed & formed the ATG forum. There are many "cross" posters here that frequent both as a matter of fact. I only post on one more wet shaving forum which I won't name, but it has become a refuge for true "addicts" with more money than sense and the snob factor can be tsunami level. It has a Wolfman razor thread that is currently on page 511!! :oops: I think the mods there tolerate it as if they were to "clean house" the site would implode like Mexico without drug revenue. :rolleyes:

It's a good time to give an "Attaboy" to Tony here as the new mod. as he has done a stellar job. (y)

I am registered on couple others, B&B, ATG - but sporadically go on there - usually just to have a look on BST threads. Like B&B - I feel if there's too many users, it gets too confusing and overwhelming, so prefer smaller community compared to that.
This one is the forum that I'm active on and prefer.

This forum does for me - it's the only social media I engage in - if you can class it as such. Otherwise - no facebook - no twitter - no instagram - no youtube. Before I discovered TSR I briefly joined an American based site - not B&B - the other one - what a bunch of uptight, hypocritical and elitist wankers. The moderators anyway. I'm happy here. I find a real sense of community. Generally - it is a positive experience - we are mostly nice and supportive of each other. Yours - I.

Last edited:
Most are rigorously moderated by "study hall monitor" types with no sense of humor and Gestapo like tendencies. Years ago this very forum had a huge "schism" over moderation and some departed & formed the ATG forum. There are many "cross" posters here that frequent both as a matter of fact. I only post on one more wet shaving forum which I won't name, but it has become a refuge for true "addicts" with more money than sense and the snob factor can be tsunami level. It has a Wolfman razor thread that is currently on page 511!! :oops: I think the mods there tolerate it as if they were to "clean house" the site would implode like Mexico without drug revenue. :rolleyes:

It's a good time to give an "Attaboy" to Tony here as the new mod. as he has done a stellar job. (y)

Agree. Tony's doing a stellar job.

Fine work my Northern friend.

Curiousity, but how does TSR fair against the other shaving forums?

I never really look elsewhere and no intention of ever using another forum. Just a few cats to kill.

TSR is a shaving forum in nature, but I myself and I'm sure others well see it as a support group/online pub for friends who have never met in person.

Or is it the online advertising arm of the Emporium?

Last edited:
I'm signed up to a couple of others but I don't frequent them, I primarily signed up for BSTs or a random pic that I wanted to see from some obscure shaving hunt and it required a sign up.

I've been made to feel welcome since day one and the banter is grand. It's also rare that I've not been able to find an answer to a random query so no need to go elsewhere (though I will still dip in and out of BSTs because I'm an addict!).

Very similar to @TobyC . It's TSR or ATG for me, in case something interesting crops up on one and not the other. I did sign up to a couple of others a long while ago, but they struck me as being far too intense, and rather lacking in fun and cordiality, and I haven't been near them for donkey's years.
+1 to this. TSR is shaving home for me.

Back
Top Bottom