Other forums?

As a maker it would be advantageous to drop into lots of forums but it’s TSR predominately for me and ATG secondly. It was a customer of mine that suggested I introduce my self to TSR and I’m glad he did. I thought these kind of forums were for weirdos ( how right I was … ) but that couldn’t be more from the truth. Actually not only have I had great support from such a friendly group but I’ve learnt a lot about shaving from members posts. I never knew how different razor blades could be and how so many elements impact on lathering. I don’t do SOTD postings for obvious reasons (they would just be a cheap skate way of advertising) but I get a great deal of pleasure seeing my soaps posted here. I hope I don’t take advantage of these with supporting remarks but it’s my way of giving something back and showing the “face of a maker”. Not sure I have become a convert to Japanese bands though!

Who introduced you to this forum?

He must be given an award for TSR Enabler of the Year for 2019.

As a maker it would be advantageous to drop into lots of forums but it’s TSR predominately for me and ATG secondly. It was a customer of mine that suggested I introduce my self to TSR and I’m glad he did. I thought these kind of forums were for weirdos ( how right I was … ) but that couldn’t be more from the truth. Actually not only have I had great support from such a friendly group but I’ve learnt a lot about shaving from members posts. I never knew how different razor blades could be and how so many elements impact on lathering. I don’t do SOTD postings for obvious reasons (they would just be a cheap skate way of advertising) but I get a great deal of pleasure seeing my soaps posted here. I hope I don’t take advantage of these with supporting remarks but it’s my way of giving something back and showing the “face of a maker”. Not sure I have become a convert to Japanese bands though!
I would love to see you on SOTD - it would be interesting to see what you shave with - you could always leave out the soap element?

Its been a while since I have posted, but TSR is the wet shaving forum of choice for me.

I love the welcome and community spirit; I have learned a hell of a lot and improved my technique from various posts and posters. I love that many posts bring out what wet shaving is/means to the poster at a personal level; the humour and humanity are second to none.

All the best to all, and long may TSR continue.

PS if anyone says wet shaving saves you money, laugh loud and long :)

Chris

Last edited:
Just for kicks you should post with a Bic disposable and canned goo! :p
Bic’s are on offer £1.88 Amazon Prime. Tempting

BIC ; Shaving; Grooming ; Male ; sensitive ; disposable ; razors

Most are rigorously moderated by "study hall monitor" types with no sense of humor and Gestapo like tendencies. Years ago this very forum had a huge "schism" over moderation and some departed & formed the ATG forum. There are many "cross" posters here that frequent both as a matter of fact. I only post on one more wet shaving forum which I won't name, but it has become a refuge for true "addicts" with more money than sense and the snob factor can be tsunami level. It has a Wolfman razor thread that is currently on page 511!! :oops: I think the mods there tolerate it as if they were to "clean house" the site would implode like Mexico without drug revenue. :rolleyes:

It's a good time to give an "Attaboy" to Tony here as the new mod. as he has done a stellar job. (y)
I have been out of touch for some time. When was the “schism” ? Who formed the ATG forum and when? Just curious.

This thread brought back some memories. During my blogging days in the noughties I joined several forums. among others here I was banned for life from Badger and Blade. I was accused of shilling after posts appeared speaking highly of my first New Forest brush. It was complete nonsense. I was also banned from SMF for several weeks for having the audacity of making implied criticism of Simpsons.
These days this is the only forum I look at. Still as good as ever.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. ... Shills may be employed by salespeople and professional marketing campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom