One Brush To Rule Them All?

I've been assured that the combined wisdom of the forum members should be able to agree on an answer to my question, Is There One Brush to Rule Them All? Silver-tip badger, or boar, or synthetic? I've got a nice Muhle R89 Twist, and the matching chrome brush with silver-tip badger, but I'm just curious.

Steve

I have 8 (ish) and they're all different and fulfill a different role.
(Maybe a Duke 3 - the brush equivalent of a BMW 3-series (in my humble opinion))
I'd agree with both points; something like the Duke 3 is a great brush that might keep the greatest number of shavers happy, however having different brushes for different roles is what makes wetshaving go from being a chore to a pleasure.

I could shave with my Shavemac 2-band happily for sometime, but I would miss using my Semogue boars & badgers and my Plisson Synth.

Enjoy trying different brushes, Steve!

Re: Simpson's Duke 3 ... do you not hang these brushes from a holder? I haven't seen any holders on the Simpson's website, and I thought the whole point of hanging was to dry naturally and keep the badger hair from falling out? I can see how one can become a "hardware whore".

Once quality two band has been discovered not many if any start declaring their love for boar, synthetics unless they are collectors.
I enjoy the occasional use of a synthetic or boar...but yeah, I reach for the Two-Band Finest most days.
My "perfect" brush would be a 20mm knot, set at 54mm, with a hybrid fan/bulb knot, in Two-Band High Mountain White set into a handle made from a giant flawless emerald or ruby. It would come in a platinum case, lovingly cushioned on a bed of $100 dollar bills (or equivalent local currency).

There will always be a division between those who like normal sized brushes (me) and those who like the giant 30mm face mops (not me). For that reason alone, you would never get a consensus on a perfect brush, even between only three or four wet shavers.

Back
Top Bottom