Non Russian made alternatives to Gillette Yellows?

I do like a Gillette Yellow, does anyone have experience of blades with a similar set of characteristics that don’t come from Russia?

Thanks.

I have a tuck of these (with Arabic writing):

s-l1600.jpg

Absolutely no reference to Russia on the pack at all. Just P&G UK. All the writing is in Arabic, which I can't quite get google translate to read so there might be the full disclosure somewhere in there. I'll try again tomorrow in daylight.

I have a tuck of these (with Arabic writing):

s-l1600.jpg

Absolutely no reference to Russia on the pack at all. Just P&G UK. All the writing is in Arabic, which I can't quite get google translate to read so there might be the full disclosure somewhere in there. I'll try again tomorrow in daylight.

My bad ...

The phone torch is too bright to focus in close on the tiny writing, but a combination of a lamp, actual magnifying glass and phone I did manage to see the words "Saint-Petersburg" translated from Arabic. So ... sorry. No good.

So, alternatives ...

I still think the German Wilkinson Sword would be a good start.

Gillette Yellows are also made in India

AFAIK all the Gillette Yellows currently sold are Russian made.

In terms of non Russian Gillette blades I think the Indian made ones go under the radar, the Gillette Wilkinson Sword is a perfectly functional blade, the 365 is very good, whilst the 7 Black and the Winner Platinum blades are exceptional. Of those there I think the 365 might perform the most like that 7 Yellow. I think the 7 Black is the pick of all current Gillette blades.

The MIC made Gillette Super Blue is an excellent blade as well.

There are other blades not made by Gillette which I like Wilkinson Sword/Personna Platinum Chrome (Germany), Personna Lab Blue (USA), Dorco Titan (Vietnam), and multiple blades from Lord (Egypt), Supermax (India), and Treet (Pakistan).

But as ever YMMV.

Is Gillette Russia committing war crimes or something?

It's a quandry, isn't it? It will be normal Russian people working in that factory.

Meanwhile, I am pretty pleased that my most recent other blade purchases were with this company: https://folofencing.com/company/

Back
Top Bottom