News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Darron today. I live not far from him, and went up to buy a tub of Spice Trade. We had a great chat, and Darron was also kind enough to put some 1912 and Imperial my way! Will be shaving with the 1912 tomorrow, Darron is so enthusiastic about the future of this, alongside Super Smooth. Really looking forward to seeing what he has planned for his ranges.

Nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet, and he is somebody absolutely determined to give people the best soaps etc they can get.

Picked up a Spice Trade for myself and one for my father today really looking forward to trying this one out.
BTW is Imperial another of Darron's new range - didn't see this one when I was on the Wickham's website earlier?

Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Darron today. I live not far from him, and went up to buy a tub of Spice Trade. We had a great chat, and Darron was also kind enough to put some 1912 and Imperial my way! Will be shaving with the 1912 tomorrow, Darron is so enthusiastic about the future of this, alongside Super Smooth. Really looking forward to seeing what he has planned for his ranges.

Nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet, and he is somebody absolutely determined to give people the best soaps etc they can get.

Thank you Bill for the kind words, I will increase the discount code later. ;)

Seriously though Bill the pleasure was all mine, it was great to meet another person equally as enthusiastic about the shaving scene as me. Looking forward to catching up again and all the best with your next shave. ;)

Picked up a Spice Trade for myself and one for my father today really looking forward to trying this one out.
BTW is Imperial another of Darron's new range - didn't see this one when I was on the Wickham's website earlier?
No this was a limited edition soap, I will sneak something in your order for you, but don't tell anyone. ;)

PM me your real name so I know which is your order.

Just snagged the last of Spice Trade. Really looking forward to finally using your soap Darron, love classic Old Spice, and really looking forward to your Imperial Trevor when it's released.

Just snagged the last of Spice Trade. Really looking forward to finally using your soap Darron, love classic Old Spice, and really looking forward to your Imperial Trevor when it's released.

Thank you Sir, hopefully it will not be long now. Will contact the toxicologist Tuesday to see where they are with it. Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your weekend. ;)

No this was a limited edition soap, I will sneak something in your order for you, but don't tell anyone. ;)

PM me your real name so I know which is your order.
Thank you very much Darron that is very kind of you indeed. I have sent a PM as you requested.
Paul

Noooooooooo! Been meaning to try this for ages, gutted I didnt see this earlier, snooze and you lose eh.
Can't wait for 1912 to hit the shelves, I'll keep my peepers pealed for that one.

As I mentioned yesterday, I was shaving with the 1912 this morning...and I have. So, what's the verdict?

If anybody would say to me "Bill, what's your ultimate go to soap?" I would say, from the ones I have tried and own, Barrister and Mann Latha. I know, without doubt, that I would get a faultless shave with that one, with great lather. After the first go, I'd say that 1912 has a good chance of rivalling B&M (and this is a genuinely honest opinion). Got a faultless, lovely, creamy lather without any problems at all, which gave me enough for my usual three passes, and I also had enough to do my head as well (am a daily head shaver). Lather was slick, and my Merkur Progress glided over my face with no problems, no nicks, and my face feels lovely, loose and smooth.

Darron is still finalising the packaging, so I won't post a photo up, suffice to say that its really nice, minimalist but classy.

Looking forward to see Darron's full plans, and I'll definitely be buying some more of this when it comes out!

As I mentioned yesterday, I was shaving with the 1912 this morning...and I have. So, what's the verdict?

If anybody would say to me "Bill, what's your ultimate go to soap?" I would say, from the ones I have tried and own, Barrister and Mann Latha. I know, without doubt, that I would get a faultless shave with that one, with great lather. After the first go, I'd say that 1912 has a good chance of rivalling B&M (and this is a genuinely honest opinion). Got a faultless, lovely, creamy lather without any problems at all, which gave me enough for my usual three passes, and I also had enough to do my head as well (am a daily head shaver). Lather was slick, and my Merkur Progress glided over my face with no problems, no nicks, and my face feels lovely, loose and smooth.

Darron is still finalising the packaging, so I won't post a photo up, suffice to say that its really nice, minimalist but classy.

Looking forward to see Darron's full plans, and I'll definitely be buying some more of this when it comes out!
I really rate B&M, so this is interesting, I also like Wickhams, always faultless, hard soap is my next one to try and compare

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My order of Spice Trade just arrived along with a very nice surprise - thanks Darron. The Spice Trade's scent immediately reminded me of childhood visits to my grandparents. My grandfather's shaving mirror and Old Spice shaving stick sat on an old brown wooden table in the corner of the bathroom and every time I was in there I would have taken a sniff of the shaving stick because I loved the scent of it so much.
With so much positive feedback, I am really looking forward to trying Darron's soap myself for the first time tomorrow morning.
Paul

How did I miss this? Wickham's Super Smooth (South Spray flavour) was my exclusive soap for May. It is stupendous. Darron is one of the soap genii out there. Excited to hear all about the future for Wickham's...

May I ask what setting you have you progress on pompeybill? Also how closely would you relate the scent to the original?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

May I ask what setting you have you progress on pompeybill? Also how closely would you relate the scent to the original?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do a 3 pass shave Nishy on different settings. First pass, with the grain, on 3. Second pass, across, on 2. I do a final pass against the grain dialled down to 1. Get superb shaves doing this.

As to the scent, 1912 is a different beast altogether to Super Smooth, so see it as something different. I am not the greatest with subtleties of scents, so I will leave that to Darron to describe come the time, suffice to say it smells lovely. 1912 is a harder soap too.

Back
Top Bottom