New Injector Razor

As a keen road cyclist I am supposed to shave my legs so Injector every other day instead of each day sounds like good news definitely an argument for Tom's razor.
Tommy_zpsnwuip1b6.jpg

Stops Your Nylons getting laddered ..I just love a Gal with a Tommy Gun that shaves her legs with a Tommy Injector...:p:D:p

Billy

Last edited:
Todays shave with the V3
24667616131_058e6b7c57_c.jpg

Razor: Bunny or maybe "The Ghost" thanks to @Billyfergie aka @Fergiebilly
Comb: NOTSO (middle setting)
Blade : Chick (3)
Soap: Conk Amber
Brush: WD 24MM Synthetic on 3D Handle
Face lathered.
AS: Brut I decided this after the shave cleaning up.

Todays pass was on 2 days growth. I did my standard 3 pass shave. With the exception under my jaw. I went first 2 passes at an angle from XTG last pass full ATG every where. The modified stroke seemed to get those pesky whiskers better with no irritation.

I switched from the WILD comb today to see how it went. Shaving with the Chick blade on NOTSO there is a definite difference from the WILD. I feel that it would be very difficult to cut yourself. I was able to have a tiny bit of pressure where needed with no concern of tugging.
The WILD I use the feather touch.

AS I really prefer a razor that can be more efficient. I am leaning more towards the WILD and NOTSO with the Chick.

Today when I was shaving I was really concentrating on keeping my angle just right. So I was shaving with a nice steady slow stroke. I was using a shorter than normal , going maybe 1-1/2 to 2" once I got the angle. Some things I really noticed doing that was. If my angle was not right I could feel the blade. It is not a tugging sensation. I could just feel it on my face. When the angle was right the blade just whisked across my face. Ghostlike as billy says. It was a pretty cool feeling to say the least.

After a month solid of shaving with it. Today I feel that I really bonded with the razor. This was not my closest shave with it. It was however my favorite shave. I will continue to shave in the same manner short deliberate light strokes.(ok jokes start here):D

I don't have much to add. As I feel billy has given a spot on review of what I find.

Tom

I felt as if I was with you on that shave there Tom..I get what you are saying there an All..When that Angle is Spot On ..Sorta Speakin..It just Glides across the Face Like a Hovercraft ..That is the "One Off" thing about this Injector...Its a Lovely Feeling as You say..It is very Ghostlike ...When its Mowing down the Whiskers its almost as if there is Nothing there & it Sure puts a Smile on your Face..:p

Billy

Last edited:
Twin Blade Shave with Toms V2 Injector..:p
DSC_0233_zpsih6rgfkx.jpg

The Shaving Angle of Toms V2 Injector Compared to a Typical Schick Injector..:)
DSC_0231_zpscmqwlvuw.jpg

Twin Blades in the V 2 ..:cool:
DSC_0228_zps82tgssei.jpg

My Shave Set up for the Day..;)
DSC_0227_zpsfvtcpkst.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Toms V 2 Adjustable Injector
Gillette Twin Trac 11 Injector Blade New
Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger
French Mosavan Bol Tallow Soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

I had a Twin blade shave this afternoon with Toms V 2 Injector..I used the Gillette Trac 11 blades cause the magazine fitted Toms Injector..The others wouldn't fit..Here again this is not uncommon with various injectors & NOS Magazines..All one has to do here is decant a blade into another Magazine..Its common practice with these older magazines..Manufacture's made small differences to their magazines to discourage folks from using other brands apparently..Twin blades can sometimes be a bit more fiddly to load but that's not unusual either..There is ample room to get them in the V2 Injector without running them across the blade stops..;)

I done my first WTG Pass with the MILD Comb and the twin blades worked very well..I am going to reiterate again that the V2 Injector is more intuitive to use on the Mild Setting...I would advice the folks on the Pass Around to hear me on this one..My WTG Pass was very smooth & comfortable taking down a day & a halves whiskers..For those whom are not familiar with twin injector blades they are notorious for offering a very comfortable shave & they perform in the V2 Injector very well..That said Toms ingenious set up here is so Darn Smooth with a Single blade I didn't notice that much of a marked difference in smoothness as one would find in a Schick Injector...They did perform very well though..These Gillette Trac 11 blades are not as sharp as some other twin blades mind you..:eek:

I done my 2nd XTG & 3rd ATG pass utilizing the NOTSO Comb on the middle setting..There was marked difference in Aggression here but smooth as icing on a cake..I feel as if I have been using Toms V2 for a lot longer than I have..I can be very free with Toms V2 as any other injector that I own & maybe then some..Its almost impossible to cut yourself with this razor...Its a very safe safety razor indeed..Once you find the sweet spot the V2 is just like a Hovercraft gently blowing all over the surface of your face whilst mowing down the whiskers like Casper the Ghost..Its as if the V2 is doing nothing ...The razor almost feels like it Hovering all around your face whilst the blade is so comfortable...I have never felt this with any other razor..This is a "One off " experience to the V 2 Injector..In short Toms V2 has its own unique Friendly Casper the Ghost like Characteristic's..:rolleyes:

Now talkin about Casper the Ghost..I have been Bumping my Gums the last few days about just how efficient Toms V2 Injector is an All..I have another injector in my collection that I have Bumped my Gums about as well in the past..The Pal Adjustable..Quite a number of folks have trouble using the PAL Adjustable because it is a very quiet & very Subtle & Sensitive Injector..In truth a lot of folks cant use it because they themselves are not Sensitive enough to use it..Toms V2 Injector in my humble opinion falls into the very Quiet & very Subtle & Sensitive Injector Camp that is often the Hall Mark of the Best & very well designed & the most efficient Injectors ever made..This takes me onto the Pics above..If you look at those Pics above you can clearly see that Toms V2 Injector doesn't shave anything like the shaving angle of any other Injector..The Angle is Closer to a Schick Repeating Razor than anything else but not just quite..The pictures speak for themselves..;)

I ended up with One of the most comfortable close shaves of my life today...My Face is Dolphin Smooth & I am just about ready to Go to the local Boozer for a Couple of Pints & maybe treat myself to a Lovely Single Malt..Good Karma..:D:D:p

Billy

Last edited:
The difference in angle seems to be caused by post-repeating injectors having their head tilted forward a bit, I think there was a reason Schick introduced this. It just seems more natural this way. It would be interesting to see how this new injector would shave with an angle between handle and head. Maybe V4? :D
Good review, Billy. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those :cool:

The difference in angle seems to be caused by post-repeating injectors having their head tilted forward a bit, I think there was a reason Schick introduced this. It just seems more natural this way. It would be interesting to see how this new injector would shave with an angle between handle and head. Maybe V4? :D
Good review, Billy. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those :cool:
Well...You are correct...Just to add though..Toms injector has also a Flatter face much like the B 2 Repeater...Look at that Pic with the Twin Blades that's why I put it there..A handle or curved head wont change that the same as it wouldn't change a repeater..:eek:

Billy

Last edited:
DSC_0233_zpsih6rgfkx.jpg

DSC_0231_zpscmqwlvuw.jpg

DSC_0228_zps82tgssei.jpg

DSC_0227_zpsfvtcpkst.jpg

I had a Twin blade shave this afternoon with Toms V 2 Injector..I used the Gillette Trac 11 blades cause the magazine fitted Toms Injector..The others wouldn't fit..Here again this is not uncommon with various injectors & NOS Magazines..All one has to do here is decant a blade into another Magazine..Its common practice with these older magazines..Manufacture's made small differences to their magazines to discourage folks from using other brands apparently..Twin blades can sometimes be a bit more fiddly to load but that's not unusual either..There is ample room to get them in the V2 Injector without running them across the blade stops..;)

I done my first WTG Pass with the MILD Comb and the twin blades worked very well..I am going to reiterate again that the V2 Injector is more intuitive to use on the Mild Setting...I would advice the folks on the Pass Around to hear me on this one..My WTG Pass was very smooth & comfortable taking down a day & a halves whiskers..For those whom are not familiar with twin injector blades they are notorious for offering a very comfortable shave & they perform in the V2 Injector very well..That said Toms ingenious set up here is so Darn Smooth with a Single blade I didn't notice that much of a marked difference in smoothness as one would find in a Schick Injector...They did perform very well though..These Gillette Trac 11 blades are not as sharp as some other twin blades mind you..:eek:

I done my 2nd XTG & 3rd ATG pass utilizing the NOTSO Comb on the middle setting..There was marked difference in Aggression here but smooth as icing on a cake..I feel as if I have been using Toms V2 for a lot longer than I have..I can be very free with Toms V2 as any other injector that I own & maybe then some..Its almost impossible to cut yourself with this razor...Its a very safe safety razor indeed..Once you find the sweet spot the V2 is just like a Hovercraft gently blowing all over the surface of your face whilst mowing down the whiskers like Casper the Ghost..Its as if the V2 is doing nothing ...The razor almost feels like it Hovering all around your face whilst the blade is so comfortable...I have never felt this with any other razor..This is a "One off " experience to the V 2 Injector..In short Toms V2 has its own unique Friendly Casper the Ghost like Characteristic's..:rolleyes:

Now talkin about Casper the Ghost..I have been Bumping my Gums the last few days about just how efficient Toms V2 Injector is an All..I have another injector in my collection that I have Bumped my Gums about as well in the past..The Pal Adjustable..Quite a number of folks have trouble using the PAL Adjustable because it is a very quiet & very Subtle & Sensitive Injector..In truth a lot of folks cant use it because they themselves are not Sensitive enough to use it..Toms V2 Injector in my humble opinion falls into the very Quiet & very Subtle & Sensitive Injector Camp that is often the Hall Mark of the Best & very well designed & the most efficient Injectors ever made..This takes me onto the Pics above..If you look at those Pics above you can clearly see that Toms V2 Injector doesn't shave anything like the shaving angle of any other Injector..The Angle is Closer to a Schick Repeating Razor than anything else but not just quite..The pictures speak for themselves..;)

I ended up with One of the most comfortable close shaves of my life today...My Face is Dolphin Smooth & I am just about ready to Go to the local Boozer for a Couple of Pints & maybe treat myself to a Lovely Single Malt..Good Karma..:D:D:p

Billy

Another stellar review Billy.
Thanks for taking the time to be so detailed

Todays shave with the V3
24667616131_058e6b7c57_c.jpg

Razor: Bunny or maybe "The Ghost" thanks to @Billyfergie aka @Fergiebilly
Comb: NOTSO (middle setting)
Blade : Chick (3)
Soap: Conk Amber
Brush: WD 24MM Synthetic on 3D Handle
Face lathered.
AS: Brut I decided this after the shave cleaning up.

Todays pass was on 2 days growth. I did my standard 3 pass shave. With the exception under my jaw. I went first 2 passes at an angle from XTG last pass full ATG every where. The modified stroke seemed to get those pesky whiskers better with no irritation.

I switched from the WILD comb today to see how it went. Shaving with the Chick blade on NOTSO there is a definite difference from the WILD. I feel that it would be very difficult to cut yourself. I was able to have a tiny bit of pressure where needed with no concern of tugging.
The WILD I use the feather touch.

AS I really prefer a razor that can be more efficient. I am leaning more towards the WILD and NOTSO with the Chick.

Today when I was shaving I was really concentrating on keeping my angle just right. So I was shaving with a nice steady slow stroke. I was using a shorter than normal , going maybe 1-1/2 to 2" once I got the angle. Some things I really noticed doing that was. If my angle was not right I could feel the blade. It is not a tugging sensation. I could just feel it on my face. When the angle was right the blade just whisked across my face. Ghostlike as billy says. It was a pretty cool feeling to say the least.

After a month solid of shaving with it. Today I feel that I really bonded with the razor. This was not my closest shave with it. It was however my favorite shave. I will continue to shave in the same manner short deliberate light strokes.(ok jokes start here):D

I don't have much to add. As I feel billy has given a spot on review of what I find.

Tom
DSC_0233_zpsih6rgfkx.jpg

DSC_0231_zpscmqwlvuw.jpg

DSC_0228_zps82tgssei.jpg

DSC_0227_zpsfvtcpkst.jpg

Billy
Two more excellent reviews, chaps! I'm getting more excited by the day!

Current Personna Blade Shave with Toms V2 Injector..:p
DSC_0227_zpsfktikwsg.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Current Personna Injector Blade New
LEONHARDY Pure Badger
Biotiqe Palma Shaving Cream

I had another shave today with Toms V 2 Injector..I loaded the V 2 Injector with a Current Personna Blade..The Personna Magazine worked perfectly..I decided to weigh up the Personna blade against the Chinese Schick Injector blade which I will refer to as the Chick blade..I utilized the NOTSO Middle Setting Comb for my first WTG Pass...I was very surprized at how smooth Toms V2 Injector performed with the Personna blade on the Middle Setting...I find that the Personna blade can be a tad brutal in some more so called aggressive Injectors..That certainly wasn't the case here..I didn't find the Personna blade to be as sharp as the Chick blade but I sure as Hell got a Darn Smooth WTG Pass..The Personna blade Performed ever so well with the NOTSO Comb..That said..I find that Toms V2 Injector is a Tad more Intuitive to use with the Chick blade & I would recommend the Chick blade to the folks on the Pass Around for that Reason..;)

I utilized the WILD Comb Highest Setting for my Second ATG Pass..This was where the Personna blade came 2nd to the Chick blade in my opinion..I found that the Chick blades was far more Forgiving on the Highest Setting which didn't surprize me one bit..I reckon Toms V2 is up there with a Cranked up Pal Adjustable on the Highest Setting...I never use the PAL Adjustable on the Highest Setting..I have never felt the need..These things are Personal all of course & that is the real benefit of an Adjustable Injector...Horses for Courses & all that..The V2 Injector is well usable on the Highest Setting & is Very Efficient Indeed..There are very few razors that will offer You a Just about perfect All Over BBS Result with Two Passes & No need for a Touch Up..Believe me on that One..An all Over BBS gets thrown around far too easy...Well I got One Today with Two passes & even went a tad close too close for comfort..This razor shaves as close as the Notorious PAL Injectomatcs & PAL Adjustable..No bones about that one..:p

Just like the PAL Adjustable the Highest Setting will not be for everyone that's for sure & that's fine..I Personally find that the NOTSO Comb Fits me well with both Single & Twin Blades buts that's just me Talkin..I have been talkin to Tom about this one..I have tried to be Objective as I can with the performance of the V2 Injector..It will be Chrystal Clear in my write ups that I happen to be Taken by it to say the least..Any potential Hype that may jump out of my reviews of Toms Injector emanates from the fact that I am totally in Love with this Injector & thus not intentional..There is No One Size fits All Razor on the Planet & some folks will get on with the V2 Injector just like any other Razor or Product & some folks wont..:eek:

But Hey that's the Wonderful thing about Individuality and Tom has offered another razor that may fit You & Your Arsenal of Shaving Gear or Not..There is an Old Scottish Saying...We are all Jock Tamsons Bairns but it doesn't mean that we are all the same just because we Bleed..We are all different..:)

Billy..

Current Personna Blade Shave with Toms V2 Injector..:p
DSC_0227_zpsfktikwsg.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Current Personna Injector Blade New
LEONHARDY Pure Badger
Biotiqe Palma Shaving Cream

I had another shave today with Toms V 2 Injector..I loaded the V 2 Injector with a Current Personna Blade..The Personna Magazine worked perfectly..I decided to weigh up the Personna blade against the Chinese Schick Injector blade which I will refer to as the Chick blade..I utilized the NOTSO Middle Setting Comb for my first WTG Pass...I was very surprized at how smooth Toms V2 Injector performed with the Personna blade on the Middle Setting...I find that the Personna blade can be a tad brutal in some more so called aggressive Injectors..That certainly wasn't the case here..I didn't find the Personna blade to be as sharp as the Chick blade but I sure as Hell got a Darn Smooth WTG Pass..The Personna blade Performed ever so well with the NOTSO Comb..That said..I find that Toms V2 Injector is a Tad more Intuitive to use with the Chick blade & I would recommend the Chick blade to the folks on the Pass Around for that Reason..;)

I utilized the WILD Comb Highest Setting for my Second ATG Pass..This was where the Personna blade came 2nd to the Chick blade in my opinion..I found that the Chick blades was far more Forgiving on the Highest Setting which didn't surprize me one bit..I reckon Toms V2 is up there with a Cranked up Pal Adjustable on the Highest Setting...I never use the PAL Adjustable on the Highest Setting..I have never felt the need..These things are Personal all of course & that is the real benefit of an Adjustable Injector...Horses for Courses & all that..The V2 Injector is well usable on the Highest Setting & is Very Efficient Indeed..There are very few razors that will offer You a Just about perfect All Over BBS Result with Two Passes & No need for a Touch Up..Believe me on that One..An all Over BBS gets thrown around far too easy...Well I got One Today with Two passes & even went a tad close too close for comfort..This razor shaves as close as the Notorious PAL Injectomatcs & PAL Adjustable..No bones about that one..:p

Just like the PAL Adjustable the Highest Setting will not be for everyone that's for sure & that's fine..I Personally find that the NOTSO Comb Fits me well with both Single & Twin Blades buts that's just me Talkin..I have been talkin to Tom about this one..I have tried to be Objective as I can with the performance of the V2 Injector..It will be Chrystal Clear in my write ups that I happen to be Taken by it to say the least..Any potential Hype that may jump out of my reviews of Toms Injector emanates from the fact that I am totally in Love with this Injector & thus not intentional..There is No One Size fits All Razor on the Planet & some folks will get on with the V2 Injector just like any other Razor or Product & some folks wont... But Hey that's the Wonderful thing about Individuality and Tom has offered another razor that may fit You & Your Arsenal of Shaving Gear or Not..There is an Old Scottish Saying...We are all Jock Tamsons Bairns but it doesn't mean that we are all the same just because we Bleed..We are all different..:)

Billy..

Another great write-up Billy and I think it's evident that there is quite a bit of love going on there :D
Sigh, the look of the razor is also just amazing - the V3 is going to be a complete stunner.

Another great write-up Billy and I think it's evident that there is quite a bit of love going on there :D
Sigh, the look of the razor is also just amazing - the V3 is going to be a complete stunner.
Aye..She is a Complete Stunner...So Beautifully made & the Alloy Material's just beats Stainless for me personally all the way to Hell & Back...Both Atheistically & Functionally Weight Wise..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom