New Injector Razor

To all who are interested in the pass around that live in Europe. A very generous member of the other forum I belong to has offered to coordinate the pass around there.

I am still working out the details on this. So I will need to update you as I get more information. I will be working on the razors these next few weeks. I am concentrating on getting the V3 done for Billy.

I would really like to get experienced injector users first. That being said If you are truly interested in giving it a go you are welcome to join in.
I only ask that everybody gives an honest detailed feedback. Good or bad that is the only way I can make this the best razor of my abilities.

As I have never done a pass around I will be scouring the forum to find the proper ground work for conducting such an endeavor.

Thank you all for your interest.
Tom

To all who are interested in the pass around that live in Europe. A very generous member of the other forum I belong to has offered to coordinate the pass around there.

I am still working out the details on this. So I will need to update you as I get more information. I will be working on the razors these next few weeks. I am concentrating on getting the V3 done for Billy.

I would really like to get experienced injector users first. That being said If you are truly interested in giving it a go you are welcome to join in.
I only ask that everybody gives an honest detailed feedback. Good or bad that is the only way I can make this the best razor of my abilities.

As I have never done a pass around I will be scouring the forum to find the proper ground work for conducting such an endeavor.

Thank you all for your interest.
Tom
I'm doing the pass arounds for the Hone 15 and the Seygus razors, and I have some of my own razors doing the rounds. One more wouldn't bother me, if you need help. Just PM me. I'm a fairly experienced injector user as well. Look at my avatar to see where my heart is :D

I'm doing the pass arounds for the Hone 15 and the Seygus razors, and I have some of my own razors doing the rounds. One more wouldn't bother me, if you need help. Just PM me. I'm a fairly experienced injector user as well. Look at my avatar to see where my heart is :D

+1 on using @riverrun for your pass-arounds. He knows what he's doing :)

Todays shave with Toms V2 Injector..:p
DSC_0224_zpsza9xrbee.jpg

DSC_0226_zpsrfqloo0q.jpg

DSC_0223_zpsvkjphy5a.jpg

Two Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Toms V 2 Adjustable Injector
Chinese Schick Injector Blade New
Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger
LEA Tallow Soap Stick
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

I just had my second shave with Toms V 2 Injector this morning..I decided to load it with a Current Chinese Schick Injector blade otherwise known as the Chick Blade..This is the blade that most folks are going to be using in this injector..I have not used a Current Personna blade in it yet but I am going to say this..The Chick blade is a Match made in heaven in this Injector..I would highly recommend it...A personna blade would be fine on the MILD Comb but I wouldn't recommend it on the NOTSO Comb Middle or the WILD Comb Most Aggressive Setting..I am pulling from experience here..That's said.That's just me Talkin..:confused:

On the subject of Combs..In the 2nd Pic you will see the 3 Adjustable Combs..They speak for themselves..On the 1st Pic you will see a demonstration on how to change the Comb..This is the way to release the Comb from the razor with 2 fingers pushing it forward equally on either side..It just pops out with ease as Tom has made these to fit like a glove..NOTE..Do not attempt to lift the comb up on one side as it will just jam it up & Do not over tighten the Thumb Screw as it just needs gently Nipped Up..Its So easy Don't make it hard..:eek:

I utilized the MILD Comb for the my 1st WTG Pass...The V 2 Injector Chick Blade Combo blew away my whiskers with Ease... The razor is a lot milder here than on the Middle Setting..I would suggest its a tad Milder than a Later Schick Injector & about the same as a PAL Adjustable on about the 2nd setting or so..To me this setting is just perfect & Ideal for a daily shave...Another Thing...The Sweet spot or what I call the "Shy Girl " is a lot easier to find on the MILD Setting..So much so..That I would suggest that anybody that is using this Injector for the First Time I would Highly Recommend that they Do indeed use it on this setting to begin with..;)

On my 2nd ATG Pass I utilized the Wild Comb..:eek:..I pushed Toms V 2 Injector to its limits here with Almost a Focused Reckless Abandon..The V 2 on the WILD Setting is again very Smooth & Quite Forgiving but slightly less so than the Middle Setting..Toms V2 Injector was so efficant on the WILD Setting that didn't require a 3rd Pass..Just a few touch ups is all...I ended up with a Dolphin Smooth all over BBS Result without even trying..It just came about because of the efficiency of Toms remarkable design..I would suggest that its about the same Aggresivness as a PAL Adjustable on the WILD Setting but even Smoother..:)

I am going to Bump my Gums here for what its worth..When Folks get Toms Injector on the Pass Around Do not think of any other Injector..This is not a Schick, Personna or a PAL Injector..The Chinese & the Buddhists Talk about the Uncarved Block of Wood..In other words Don't hang onto any Injector that you have used in the past..Toms has created an Injector Mans Injector with the characteristics very much like a Ghost..Its such a Friendly Ghost though & I love it..:D:p:D

Billy..

Last edited:
I am an old and grumpy nah! not impressed kind of person and would really like to have a go at this razor challenging the hype :)
Ah ! ..I am Old & Grumpy though & you said earlier that " I may have to stay away from the boxed ones, the rare ones, the nice ones, to avoid risk of becoming a collector" ..Don't want you becoming a Collector Now Do We....:p:D:p

Billy

This razor may be the only one I need :)
Its a Great Injector..I am not hyping it up in anyway..Some folks may struggle with the Sweet spot though becaue its quite sensitive but that's not unusual with some of the more efficient Injectors out there like the PAL Adjustable or the Personna Executive..Some folks just cant use either the 2 of these American Safety Razor Company Injectors because they themselves are not sensitive enough to use them..:)

Billy

Last edited:
The other problem is that you don't get to shave as often.
Or that is what I am finding with my injectomatic.
Every other day makes most sense.
(I think it must shave below the skin or something)

Which is good....... but I want to play more often than that. :(

Back
Top Bottom