Nanny's olive oil soap

I believe Mama Bear does a bacon soap, if that appeals. I can do Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Neroli, some kind of Vanila....and whatever else takes my fancy.:)

soapalchemist said:
I believe Mama Bear does a bacon soap, if that appeals. I can do Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Neroli, some kind of Vanila....and whatever else takes my fancy.:)

It's gotta be nice having that option of making up your soap in any flavor that hits you. Those notes you mentioned above......none of em sound too inspiring. Heh, "Some kind of vanilla" might be a bit lacking in a poetic nature.

You ever look at some of the exotic frags available? High priced rose and vanilla absolutes that are distilled and the scents intensified. Maybe look at the real deal sandalwood EO as well.

I personally believe it doesn't matter how expensive it turns out to be, as long as the money is well spent. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think lots of people would spend some cash on something that not only performed well, but was a hit with the olfactory monkey.

I'm intrigued, especially by Jamies's great review. And I have and like one hard and one soft of the existing ranges and like both very much, so I should definitely buy some...

Hi!

I'm one of who have tried a sample of these new marzipan olive soft soaps, which Sharon gently sent me.

I have used it about 7-8 times lathering in bowl and I must say that is a good soap without doubt. The added olive oil was not meaned any problem to build a good lather without much effort.

But in the other hand I couldn't appreciate much difference in terms of properties compared with other regular nanny's soft soaps I own. Other people who tried it have commented that this soap works much better if you have the full tin and lathering in face with it rather than in bowl, so that would be the explanation of my case.

Anyway, probably I'll buy one depending on the future scents chosen, as I'm not a big marzipan fan.

Cheers!

I wanted Sharon's Neroli soap but it was out of stock so I contacted her and Sharon offered to make up some with the olive oil formulation. I have never used the previous formulation. Here is my feedback:

Hello Sharon,

I received the soap on the 4th and I've been using it since. Before any feedback a little bit about my experience.

Been DE shaving for 2+ yrs. Used in this order:

Bluebeards revenge: good performance - easy to use. Not memorable.
TOBS: OK. Won't buy again.
T&H scented: OK Won't buy again
T&H Comfort: Like it a lot.
Fitjar Shea Pleasure: Very nice.
Castle Forbes Lavender: The first Lavender I've liked! Great performance. Best so far.
Castle Forbes Lime: Great performance - strange smell.
Penhaligons Blenhiem Bouquet: Devine scent. OK shave. Bought it for the packaging really.

I think the ideal for me would be Castle Forbes performance with the Blenhiem Bouquet scent and packaging (for TOBS price!!!)

Anyway to your soap.
Packaging:
Personally I prefer a screw top as I think they fit better. However, the metal tin is a good size to get the brush into and I was impressed that the label was spot-on in the center. I think the new pots you are looking at would be much nicer.

Scent:
I'm not very good at smells. I thought I'd love CF lime but I don't. I've never liked lavender before but I like the CF one. I don't know what Sandlewood smells like. I actually thought that Neroli was more of an orangey smell. I think I've made a mistake because I don't really like the neroli (but that's my fault!). However, I'm getting used to it.

Performance:
Bloody brilliant! Thick, slick and I get a great, close shave with no irritation, something that can't be said for the Penhaligons at £38.

When I'm ready to get more soap I will definatley be coming back to Nanny's but I think I'll want some samples as I have no idea what I want or what I like from reading the descriptions - unless you have one that smells exactly like Blenhiem Bouquet?

All-in-all my only complaints are the smell (which is my fault) and the packaging, which you are planning to change. The soap works incredibily well and I'd strongly recommend it.

Helveticum said:
Thanks for sharing, now even more interested in trying this soap.
Neroli is an acquired taste..

Indeed it is!
I think it performs better than the MdC sample I have: I think it's more slippery (my iKon Bulldog handle is heavily knurled but can actually feel a bit slippery if I get the soap on the handle!) and I found the MdC to dry on my face quicker than Nanny's with olive oil.

fly3k said:
I'd like to see a freshly peeled orange scent...

heroblob said:
What does it smell like then.?

Not like a freshly peeled orange (which is what I thought it would smell like!) Think damp wood. That's the best I can do. Maybe Sharon can provide a nicer description as I think mine is a little uncharitable :icon_cheesygrin:

Well, I would call Neroli very green and sharp, although not in a citrus way. It doesn't smell of orange. I don't really get wood.....although maybe a hint of the smell of a squashed branch of fresh willow?

Patchouli will of course be available for sandal wearers everywhere. :) Still waiting for the new tins to be printed; last I heard they had a breakdown problem with their equipment and were waiting for a new part.....

Back
Top Bottom