Nanny's olive oil soap

Lastly one I've tried making myself with good results is: citronella, lemongrass and lavender. Also keeps the Mosquitos away ESP with a citronella balm :)

I must be thinking of shisha again, grape and watermelon both subtle tones, my original interest is scientific. Grapes vit a,c,b6 and folate skin regeneration etc, seeming Nanny is organic I'm hoping the above is compounded within the soap oh and watermelon is cooling has lycopene, a,c and b6 again also would enable a lovely natural colouring to the cream.

In summary re-energise and cool the skin promote healthy skin growth and conditioning, whilst providing a sweet fruity undertone with a vibrant natural scarlet colour. :)

In recognition of summer of course

soapalchemist said:
Not sure how many, if any, of your esoteric desires I can fulfill. What's a grape smell like anyway?!

Hi Toots,

Well that's a very good question. You got green, black, and red grapes and probably more. Which variety are you talking about, since they all smell so different from each other.

How was that? Nahhh, I'm just doing a little chain jerking in your direction. C'mon, you musta had grape soda or grape candy when you were a kid.

Overaffectionately yours,

Mabs

soapalchemist said:
Don't forget gents, if you want to make scent suggestions, at the moment I have the unscented base soap, which I will scent and put in containers, if ever the new containers arrive. So I will do my best to accommodate any suggestions made.

Could you do a Sandalwood version?

Nishy, I'm not organic, although approx. 1/3 of most of my soaps use organic ingredients. I do try to stay as natural as possible, and use mainly Essential oils for scent, although also do some with Fragrance oils; they are in separate sections on the site. I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as en essential oil of either grape or watermelon, so any product with those scents will be using a Fragrance oil.
Mabs, you just can't help stirring it.
Umar, yes, I hope to do Sandalwood.
I do also have some vanilla FO, and a vanilla scented soap in my usual soft soap version - so I could conceivably do something with vanilla. I also have a bay rum FO which I haven't used yet so no idea whether it's good, bad or indifferent - I may do some in that.

soapalchemist said:
Don't forget gents, if you want to make scent suggestions, at the moment I have the unscented base soap, which I will scent and put in containers, if ever the new containers arrive.

I think the wider profile is gonna be helpful. I would definitely try loading my brush up right from the container instead of scooping some out into a bowl like I normally would with soaps of that consistency.

The new tin is about 1cm wider than the current jars, so I hope it will be an improvement - 81mm to be exact. I have seen a Proraso jar - does anyone know the diameter of the opening on those? I'm guessing a tad larger than 81mm. It's really hard to find wide shallow containers, and these are the best I could find on the who interweb. They're with the printer right now, so fingers crossed they will soon be with me.

Back
Top Bottom