My first DE shave....

Thanks Paul same name as my son. I have just been browsing the Connaught web site.
I found Shave Cut Healing Gel by Proaso, not that I will need this, handy to know it's available.
I like the look of the Merkur Futur Adjustable Safety Razor in Shiny Chrome Finish, do you recommend this as my second razor?
Hi Andy

I have a Merkur Futur in the satin finish and it was my second razor. I like it but I would have to say it is a bit on the aggressive side as it has quite a big blade gap on most of the settings (I usually use 3 for a WTG pass and 1.5 ATG) and also the head is quite heavy. I feel that I get a closer shave but I have to be more careful with my technique that with my previous razor.

Am I right in thinking you have a fixed head Merkur at the moment? If I were you I would hold off getting the Futur until you are happy that you are getting good irritation free shaves with your current razor.

Hi Andy

I have a Merkur Futur in the satin finish and it was my second razor. I like it but I would have to say it is a bit on the aggressive side as it has quite a big blade gap on most of the settings (I usually use 3 for a WTG pass and 1.5 ATG) and also the head is quite heavy. I feel that I get a closer shave but I have to be more careful with my technique that with my previous razor.

Am I right in thinking you have a fixed head Merkur at the moment? If I were you I would hold off getting the Futur until you are happy that you are getting good irritation free shaves with your current razor.

Agree with you, I have some way to go yet, Mercur 23c At the moment....

Back
Top Bottom