Motorbikes anyone?

I like that.

It's quite possibly a bit of a mid-life crisis thing but a friend of mine and I are thinking of getting our motorcycle licences. If we do I'll definitely take a look at one of those!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I like that.

It's quite possibly a bit of a mid-life crisis thing but a friend of mine and I are thinking of getting our motorcycle licences. If we do I'll definitely take a look at one of those!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with having a mid life crisis.....as long as it doesn't involve a pony tail!
I'm sorry if I've upset pony tail wearers out there :)

Still recall the thrill I had seeing a Triumph Bonneville on a stand in Alexander's motorcycles in Glasgow with its' " The Fastest Motorcycle in the world " placard in front. Must have been in the early 1960s. Part of the sales pitch was that the model number was the T120 because if it wouldn't do 120 Triumph would take it back and tune or blueprint it until it did. Happy days. Unfortunately the only ones I ever got to ride were the firm's machines.

JohnnyO. o/

Still recall the thrill I had seeing a Triumph Bonneville on a stand in Alexander's motorcycles in Glasgow with its' " The Fastest Motorcycle in the world " placard in front. Must have been in the early 1960s. Part of the sales pitch was that the model number was the T120 because if it wouldn't do 120 Triumph would take it back and tune or blueprint it until it did. Happy days. Unfortunately the only ones I ever got to ride were the firm's machines.

JohnnyO. o/
Yeah..Well the The Triumph Bonnie Held the World Speed Records for Donks & were the Sports Bike of their Era..A Lot of Folks Forget that..Not so Long Ago either..Those Recent Retro Bonnies are Way Under Powered, Cheap Made, Vibrators & an Original Bonnie would Blow them into the Weeds & is a Much Smoother Ride..;)

Billy

I ride 2 strokes. Reliable as gravity, and cheap to rebuild every few years. Love it when folks twice my age on bike forums froth at the mouth when i mention using cheap conventional mineral oil that meets OEM specification requirements, chainsaw bar oil on chains and foam air filters, smoke pluming premix ratios, standard nickel-alloy plugs rather than iridium / platinum gimmicks, rider skill outweighs needle in a haystack tyre choice etc..

Best thing i ever did was discontinue employing Dell'Orto carburetors, and stuck with the "how far from 4 stroking" method by jetting overly rich so they fire on every 4th cycle until leaned out in small increments.. rather than waste money chopping a dozen plugs in half to inspect insulator color for safe a/f ratios.

I ride 2 strokes. Reliable as gravity, and cheap to rebuild every few years. Love it when folks twice my age on bike forums froth at the mouth when i mention using cheap conventional mineral oil that meets OEM specification requirements, chainsaw bar oil on chains and foam air filters, smoke pluming premix ratios, standard nickel-alloy plugs rather than iridium / platinum gimmicks, rider skill outweighs needle in a haystack tyre choice etc..

Best thing i ever did was discontinue employing Dell'Orto carburetors, and stuck with the "how far from 4 stroking" method by jetting overly rich so they fire on every 4th cycle until leaned out in small increments.. rather than waste money chopping a dozen plugs in half to inspect insulator color for safe a/f ratios.

My highly tuned 200cc Suzuki Invader of the early 1970s would have loved your engineering approach ! But then I recall the many advantages of the pair of Police Spec Ariel Leaders the then City of Glasgow Police were using in the 1960s in the city centre areas. Got off their mark like shit on a shovel. The trailing link front suspension ironed out the ride beautifully and they went round corners as if on rails. Not to mention full, built on rider weather protection at a time when the T21s and Speed Twins were lucky to have a handlebar fairing & crash bars.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom