Motorbikes anyone?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Anyone in to motorbikes out here? Whoever said 'a life without a bike is no life at all' was utterly correct.

After 16 years of living the fast life on Kawasaki ZZR's (all models up to the present 1400 which is just a beast of a bike) a couple of years back I took a complete 'U-turn' and went over to Moto Guzzi. In the world of bikes it couldn't be more 'cheese and chalk', but love every bit of the Guzzi experience. A bit agricultural in appearance here's my present ride, a Breva 1100

Anyone else a member of the biking fraternity?

Q: Do you drive a car?
A: Only when I have to.......

Have a 1996 GSX-R750 SRAD on the road at the mo ......... With my 1995 F3 CBR600 FS currently in a million bits waiting for me to get the frame, swing arm and fork sliders powder coated and the engine serviced and the whole thing rebuilt .......

Previous bikes :

Kawasaki ZXR 750
Yamaha FZR 600
Monkeybike
Kawasaki ZX7R
Yamaha BWS 100cc (scooter I had when living in Australia and probably one of the best bikes for fun I had?)
Yamaha TRX 850
Truimph Tropy 900
GSXR 600 L0
Yamaha XJ6S
Monkeybike
Honda Fireblade CBR900RR

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

A semi eclectic mix of bikes thus far, no idea what I want really. My commute has changed to just 20 miles on basicly a straight A road so a moped would do the job but wheres the fun in that?

Last edited:
Love and have always loved motorbikes but have never owned one.

First my Mum banned it and now Mrs TP would be very unhappy if I got one.

I can still dream though!

Had a Honda H100 when I was a teenager. Fell off it twice, once because I forgot to go round the corner!
Always liked the idea and could easily become one of the middle aged organ donors I see tazzing around the roads to Matlock Bath but wife would not allow it

Had various bikes over the years.
Been off them for a bit. Last one was a CB600 FS.
Bit of a commuter.
I say I am off them, but my son and I currently share a Yamaha YH50
Or as it says on the side WHY!
We can move on soon. :)

In the early 1970's I had a BMW R50/5 opposed-twin 500cc bike. It was a gorgeous bike and a real pleasure to ride. Before I married I sold it and never replaced it. Today I'd like to have a bike, but the way people drive on this side of the pond it would be suicidal. Also, bikes seem to have become super-sized and my twin-500 would look pretty puny compared with those on the roads now; too bad, as I found my twin-500 to be more than adequate.

Harley Davidson MT350 -- ex-army bike in matte green (olive drab) with a 350cc Rotax single. I've added heated grips and digital dash. A real workhorse. Before that, lots of classic scooters: Vespas and Lambrettas (my best / favourite being a 1964 Sportique with original period accessories.)

5e13b81b-3bd6-4c14-ae85-1e1cddeeb43a_zpss1lhs8do.jpg

My last bike was an ER5 some 7 years ago, sadly an off just before Christmas time and some time in hospital meant that Mrs Ted wasnt right happy about me getting another.
So I bought this to restore on the grounds that it doesnt go as fast:
23756090092_d3bce9fbd9_z.jpg

She isnt happy....

Started with a Yamaha YB100 as a youngster, got knocked off it by a tank disguised as a volvo. Bike was written off whilst the tank just needed a new headlight. I still have the number plate on my wall. Snapped both tibia and fibula in right leg.
My sister later told me that when my brother seen the cops walk up to our front door, he legged it out the back door cause he thought they were after him.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom