Motorbikes anyone?

2e1f0643-9c15-4d45-92ee-ac2361723287_zps624eeh7w.jpg
Is that the ace?

Agree entirely about Goretex working when it wants to....even when new.
I found the best thing to keep me dry was one of the Hi-Vis binbag type coats that you can get from the workwear shops designed for road crews - I bought a HUGE one to wear over my leathers and it never let in rain at all - brill for £20, which is more than you can say for Gortex jackets.
I may have looked a proper nellie on my commute, but I was warm and dry.

I have been scanning my old photos.
I came across my first ride from when I was little.
MyAlbumName628-1.jpg
This mean machine was a Norton Villiers Triumph.
Called Sylvia.
It would outdo my mates on their fizzys.
Even with their peashooter exhausts.

Well, I picked this up this morning for the grand sum of £200 with 12 months MOT and a sticky back brake - the tyres feel like they are made of Teflon but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm doing a top up degree over 2 years and parking at the Uni is horrifically expensive so Ive said to my wife it will have paid for itself in 20 days at the uni...
Its sloooooow, but because its so twitchy its fast enough for a 6 mile commute.
23734339233_d19923fd25_n.jpg

The Sym Dismally 50
The helmet bay isnt big enough for my full face Cagiva lid, but came with a tin of tyre weld and some spare gloves, no handbook so I dont know what the orange "ON-OFF" switch under the seat does. Ive never had a 4t scooterped before.

Mate whatever you do DON'T TOUCH THE ORANGE ''ON-OFF'' SWITCH UNDER THE SEAT.
Its like some big red "DO NOT PUSH" button isnt it - so tempting. Does it make it go faster? Is it the Warp Drive?
No fuel tap, even my ER had a fuel tap. Still, hopefully if I keep out of hospital long enough SWMBO wont protest too much when I suddenly come home with another ER5 or 6....
23749070423_c5854a3b73_n.jpg

Hmmm, the Sym Dismally might not be stopping here for long ( aside from the lacklustre performance) it also likes to flood for fun unless hotter than the halls of hell...
I'll have the carb off this weekend and give it a clean.

I used to love my Gixxer back int' day but I haven't had a bike for years. Quite fancy a tatty old v-twin bobber mind, that would be good fun but my fastard days are behind me (on the road at least).

How old are you, Scratch? .......... I mean ..... I'm a mere whippersnapper at 44 ...... But I'm still loving my old SRAD.

In fact......being a biker.... I've just had the best blow job ever .......... from storm Imogen ........ nasty cow, that :D

So many bikes of all sorts over the years, but after a break of a fees years I bought this last weekend.. Loving it! the neighbours may be regretting my choice of a Competion pipe with all baffles removed though! ;-)

View attachment 16453

View attachment 16454

Nice, mate ........ Maybe these dealerships are all starting to look the same to me ....... but is that Chester Harley Davidson?...

The scran van looks familiar, but I remember there being benches & tables along the front of those windows, if it's the same gaff .....

been riding bike nearly 40 years now cos i aint got a car licence i ride in all weather me only other transport is me bicycle witch i use for work 36 mile round trip theres so much traffic in london it only takes 20 min more on bicycle than me motorcycle i need the exercise on me ass all day up a tower crane but i use me motorcycle a few days a week to get there or i get withdrawal i Leave bout 5am when no one is about so i can get me hit rsv mille 2000 it may be old but it still brutal wind blew it over the weekend crack side fairing and seat cowl snapped clutch lever bit pissed off oh well fix it the weekend
enjoy you self
all the best
simon

Back
Top Bottom