Lurker...

Day 4 in the Welsh lurker house:
I had a much more reasonable shave. Not too close but neat enough and managed to do my neck without getting razor burn. All were with the grain, one pass only.
However... I was putting my razor away and had the misfortune to drop it - my brain decided it didn't fancy holding onto said razor. I've stropped it since for good measure but the front 1/5th, roughly, won't cut a hanging hair whereas the rest most certainly will. What do you suggest is the best course of action? There does seem to be a very, very minute chip but it really is negligible. The front 1/5th is still sharp and will cut hairs but not nearly as capably as the rest of the razor.
Bit bummed about it, though. Luck doesn't seem to have been in my favour of late!
Diolch.
It needs honing to remove the chip/refresh the cutting edge.

Day 4 in the Welsh lurker house:
I had a much more reasonable shave. Not too close but neat enough and managed to do my neck without getting razor burn. All were with the grain, one pass only.
However... I was putting my razor away and had the misfortune to drop it - my brain decided it didn't fancy holding onto said razor. I've stropped it since for good measure but the front 1/5th, roughly, won't cut a hanging hair whereas the rest most certainly will. What do you suggest is the best course of action? There does seem to be a very, very minute chip but it really is negligible. The front 1/5th is still sharp and will cut hairs but not nearly as capably as the rest of the razor.
Bit bummed about it, though. Luck doesn't seem to have been in my favour of late!
Diolch.
As Jack Said..That will Need Honed Out..Better a Chipped Razor than a Lost Finger Trying to Grab it when it Fell..If You Want it Sorted PM Me..:D

Billy

As Jack Said..That will Need Honed Out..Better a Chipped Razor than a Lost Finger Trying to Grab it when it Fell..If You Want it Sorted PM Me..:D

Billy
Thanks for the offer Billy! If I were you, I'd anticipate an incoming PM. ;) It did nick my little finger on the way down but I was moving myself swiftly out of its way so the damage is truly negligible! A few tissues and a bit of superglue later and I'm right as rain! :D It sure as heck could have been considerably worse - I'm also planning a GP visit RE: dropping things. It's happened more times than I'd like recently, along with aching wrists (no dirty reason behind this...) so I think I'll get it checked seeing as I'm still young. It could be attributed to having not played guitar in a while as a result of buying my first house earlier this year!

The generosity of folks here never ceases to amaze me! I truly am grateful for all your help and wisdom.

Cheers once again you beautiful, baby-smooth chaps!

Thanks for the offer Billy! If I were you, I'd anticipate an incoming PM. ;) It did nick my little finger on the way down but I was moving myself swiftly out of its way so the damage is truly negligible! A few tissues and a bit of superglue later and I'm right as rain! :D It sure as heck could have been considerably worse - I'm also planning a GP visit RE: dropping things. It's happened more times than I'd like recently, along with aching wrists (no dirty reason behind this...) so I think I'll get it checked seeing as I'm still young. It could be attributed to having not played guitar in a while as a result of buying my first house earlier this year!

The generosity of folks here never ceases to amaze me! I truly am grateful for all your help and wisdom.

Cheers once again you beautiful, baby-smooth chaps!
We all friends here & all equally obsessed with razors lol

To 'revitalise' an old thread after making my last post circa 3 weeks ago, I have purchased my 2nd proper blade - it's a Niazi Solingen razor, supposedly made by Carl Friedrich Ern pre 1914.
Photos below.
DSC_0041_zpsxjv9wogd.jpg

DSC_0042_zps8ql2p0zs.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsm7y30pxk.jpg

Quick spin with it, with minimal prep on a portion of my neck (roughly 1 wk slow growth), mowed down all in its path. I'm looking forward to using this one properly! :D Not the prettiest, but the scales are solid (black horn) and it's tight in the scales, edge is good and über-sharp!

Edit: I'll try and get an image of the etching on the blade when I get a chance - using a proper camera rather than my knackered phone's poor camera.

Back
Top Bottom