Kent V16

Cheers everyone. Had a great day. Spent with my wife, but chatted to my three girls and a natter with my 20 year old grandson over Facetime video in Texas. January isn't the time for a birthday so getting to 70 is a good excuse to have my own Jubilee throughout this year. Events will unfold.

As to the Kent V16. First some pics.

As was:

DSC_2883-1_zps196f9f38.jpg

DSCN3086_zpsdf1b5a9d.jpg

Lathered up. Ready to go. Lather a lot thicker than appeared here.

DSCN3087_zps38c9fc54.jpg

And after it was used (some trial lathers on soap, then on to the cream for the shave.)

DSCN3089_zps5c479f2f.jpg

And later when dried a bit:

DSCN3090_zps88adb9b3.jpg

So how did it perform? It's an amazing brush. Far too big and heavy for regular use. The density of the knot ensured that it was relatively easy to control both the creation of lather and it's application. I painted it on, but I managed a bit of a scrub for the first pass before smoothing over. As expected, the tips are silky smooth.
I managed my usual three passes. Squeezing out what was left was a messy business - so much lather!

Using the brush was quite a novelty and I'm glad I did. But this isn't a practical brush. It's really a display piece. And that's what it will be. Perhaps I'll leave it in my cabinet and make a point of taking it out for my 75th- if I'm stilll here, then each 5 years thereafter. So when it's passed on it won't have had much use and might appeal to a collector!

Thanks again for all your good wishes. This has been a delightful place to visit since I joined in August 2009. It's been quite a journey!

Fido said:
Cheers everyone. Had a great day. Spent with my wife, but chatted to my three girls and a natter with my 20 year old grandson over Facetime video in Texas. January isn't the time for a birthday so getting to 70 is a good excuse to have my own Jubilee throughout this year. Events will unfold.

As to the Kent V16. First some pics.

As was:

DSC_2883-1_zps196f9f38.jpg

DSCN3086_zpsdf1b5a9d.jpg

Lathered up. Ready to go. Lather a lot thicker than appeared here.

DSCN3087_zps38c9fc54.jpg

And after it was used (some trial lathers on soap, then on to the cream for the shave.)

DSCN3089_zps5c479f2f.jpg

And later when dried a bit:

DSCN3090_zps88adb9b3.jpg

So how did it perform? It's an amazing brush. Far too big and heavy for regular use. The density of the knot ensured that it was relatively easy to control both the creation of lather and it's application. I painted it on, but I managed a bit of a scrub for the first pass before smoothing over. As expected, the tips are silky smooth.
I managed my usual three passes. Squeezing out what was left was a messy business - so much lather!

Using the brush was quite a novelty and I'm glad I did. But this isn't a practical brush. It's really a display piece. And that's what it will be. Perhaps I'll leave it in my cabinet and make a point of taking it out for my 75th- if I'm stilll here, then each 5 years thereafter. So when it's passed on it won't have had much use and might appeal to a collector!

Thanks again for all your good wishes. This has been a delightful place to visit since I joined in August 2009. It's been quite a journey!

Glad you enjoyed the experience, Peter! Has it inspired you to do a monster New Forest brush?:icon_razz::angel:

Back
Top Bottom