Kent V16

The great thing about having a shaving Brush Blog and business is that I don't need an excuse to buy a brush. I can put it down to research. Thanks to a tip off from a friend, I was able to see this on Ebay - restricted to UK delivery. It arrived today.

V16.jpg

A feel and a sniff confirmed that the brush has never been used. The quality is superb. The knot is dense and firm and as soft to the touch as any brush I have ever handled.

For the record, it has a 38mm knot with a loft of 62mm. Handle max diameter is 55mm and the height is 69mm.

A great Kent brush that looks like it would be practical to use for a shave. But unused it will stay until I decide to part with it.

And it cost me £95 plus shipping. I'd bid a lot higher, but that's a trade secret!

You're plain ugly Peter but your knot is gorgeous:icon_razz:
Quite a special acquisition and a very good price, well done sir it's a beautiful brush.
regards, beejay

Thanks beejay

Some comparison pics

Polo14

DSCN2387.jpg

See here: http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/simpsons-polo-14-best-badger.html

Chubby 2

DSCN2388.jpg

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/simpson-chubby-2-best.html

Kent BK4

DSCN2389.jpg

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/kent-bk4-silvertip.html

That's a very nice brush Peter.

I wondered who had won the auction.

I bid in the early stages but got left way behind a couple of days in.

It's a shame you are not going to use it - I would have been really interested to hear how it performed.

Yes Tony - international shipping just requires a bit more research and effort, but it's well worth it. I've been dealing on Ebay for over ten years and nearly always offer worldwide shipping.

AJC - it's an "antique" really. I discovered it was indeed unused. It belonged to the father of a deceased lady who died recently in her 80s. He worked for Kent Brushes and had kept it among the items he passed on to her.

I have been in touch with Kent to find out the period this was around and any more information they can provide. This is now more a collectors piece than a brush to be used. I've also been offered and bought a real ivory Kent brush from the same source. More about that when I get it. My collection of vintage brushes is now two plus an unbranded butterscotch oldie. Can I leave it at that? Hmmmm.

Fido said:
The great thing about having a shaving Brush Blog and business is that I don't need an excuse to buy a brush. I can put it down to research. Thanks to a tip off from a friend, I was able to see this on Ebay - restricted to UK delivery. It arrived today.

Really quite a stunning brush Peter. Very handy having a Mad Scentist with a severe shaving brush disorder as a forum member. I look forward to your next crazy acquisition.

Congrats on the great addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

I guess you'd be somewhat like the Pierre Curie of TSR.

Back
Top Bottom