Kent V16

Fido said:
As to the Kent V16.
So how did it perform? It's an amazing brush. Far too big and heavy for regular use. The density of the knot ensured that it was relatively easy to control both the creation of lather and it's application. I painted it on, but I managed a bit of a scrub for the first pass before smoothing over. As expected, the tips are silky smooth.
I managed my usual three passes. Squeezing out what was left was a messy business - so much lather!

Using the brush was quite a novelty and I'm glad I did. But this isn't a practical brush. It's really a display piece.

First of all, thanks for the report. Hearing about how something like that would shave is sorta interesting for some reason.

So it was huge eh? Sorry to hear it's not a brush you'd care to use in the rotation. From the little bit of change to the knot from that one use, it looks like that thing could be even nicer looking when broken in a bit more. Yeah.......that's a shame.

I know!!! You can start a Kent V16 passaround! Hah, I bet you're surprised you didn't think of that yourself.

Anyway, Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing an odd part of it with us.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom