Kent Shaving Brushes

Mervyns a great guy and it's obvious he loves what he does, he's also extremely good at it! Give him a call maybe. I'm chuffed to bits he's making our brushes, they're going to be great!

What spec you going for @Daniel ?

I'm drawing up a draft tonight to send over to Mervyn, nothing's set in stone regarding spec yet but I'm pretty sure on a few things. The handles will be black, but not straight opaque black, maybe metallic, maybe silver through it, maybe pearlescent, Mervyns given me some great choices.

The brushes will be a small run, which we hope to repeat, the handles will be our design which will be exclusive to us.

Not 100% on height or loft yet BUT I'm looking at 24mm High Mountain Finest 2 Band knots

Did I mention the excitement??

I'm drawing up a draft tonight to send over to Mervyn, nothing's set in stone regarding spec yet but I'm pretty sure on a few things. The handles will be black, but not straight opaque black, maybe metallic, maybe silver through it, maybe pearlescent, Mervyns given me some great choices.

The brushes will be a small run, which we hope to repeat, the handles will be our design which will be exclusive to us.

Not 100% on height or loft yet BUT I'm looking at 24mm High Mountain Finest 2 Band knots

Did I mention the excitement??
@mervyncadman as always will knock it out of the park! Looking forward to seeing the finished product :)

I just wish he would respond to emails. After 2-3 attempts I gave up
Darkbulb I have just came across this post by Dan and have just read that you have been trying to contact me via emails I have to say I have had nothing come through from you matey, I apologise if you have tried and failed, I spend an hour every morning while having my morning coffee replying to messages, Facebook posts and emails, clearly there's been a communication problem here guys. My apologies about that.

Merv

Darkbulb I have just came across this post by Dan and have just read that you have been trying to contact me via emails I have to say I have had nothing come through from you matey, I apologise if you have tried and failed, I spend an hour every morning while having my morning coffee replying to messages, Facebook posts and emails, clearly there's been a communication problem here guys. My apologies about that.

Merv

No problem at all merv - things do get lost.
Just to make sure I got it right - what's the best email address to reach you on (I don't really do FB)? :)

An apt thread as I just bought a couple of brushes.

Brush 1
This one is a NOS/NIB Kent and I really like the shape of the white handle.
It comes with original box.
22mm (48mm loft) single band Pure Badger knot (from where Kent's pure badger supposedly were very good)

35m4aau.jpg

21k9gde.jpg

126d06o.jpg

Brush 2
...and one 'maybe Kent' brush (I really don't know but maybe you Kent-skilled people could help? :))

It has a patent number "715631" and "Made in England"
I believe I found a reference to Kent for that patent number a few days ago - (but now I can't find it again..) and the design remind me a lot about another Kent brush.

This is the one I picked up (for less than $10 it was worth it to get a red brush and the knot seems ok:));
qn7ktv.jpg

azgtnk.jpg

This is the Kent brush it reminds me of;
ma9r3b.jpg

Any help appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom