Kent Shaving Brushes

Hey guys

Bit of research really I guess. Elsewhere on the web you see Kent brushes mentioned quite regularly but I think it tends to be more U.S. forums

Do we have many Kent brush owners on TSR?

What are your thoughts on their brushes?

Anyone been close to purchasing but been put off by something?

All input appreciated
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Dan

Hello Dan, Kent is the oldest Shaving & Brush manufacture's in the U.K

They are all beautifully made ........... they use the word " Pure " to grade their Top Grade badger i.e Super/SilverTip quite luxurious grade very soft badger hair.

Their best selling model is called the BK8 with either a Black or Ivory colour handle.

Most if not all models are quite high lofted & not very firm i.e dense, having said this they will give you a fabulous cloud like shave, some say they are best suited to bowl lathering.

Hope this helps

Charles U.K

I've got a bk2 which was my first badger brush, best badger I beleive. Although I never use it anymore, I did learn how to whip a lather with that brush. From there I jumped into a BLK12, massive brush. It was lovely and soft but I just found it too floppy but I recon the bk8 would be spot on as its smaller knot.
As a whole I really like the look of them and in the future I'd buy another.

I'm looking at this from a retail point of view as we already stock Kent combs and hair brushes. The only high end shaving brush manufacturer we currently support is Simpson, which we're very happy with but might expand our range, I don't know yet.

I would like another UK manufacturer, supporting UK companies although not an absolute for us, is preferable.

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it.

I've tried the BK8 and BLK12 and sold them, they're not worth the money in my opinion. They're good bowl lathering brushes but due to the terrible backbone they aren't really suited for face lathering which i prefer.

I've owned a few Kent brushes over the years and like the BK4, 8 & 12. I've found that they work equally well with both soaps and creams in my experience. I only ever bowl lather though, and wholeheartedly agree with other people's comments about their unsuitability for face lathering.

Kent brushes are nice to look at, but, experience shows that there are better brushes for the money. Cadman for example :) And you'd be supporting the artisans :)

Nice idea Nick, I may give Cadman a shout. I'd love to support a fellow artisan, maybe I could convince him to make us an MDM Shaving Brush, that's an idea I would be very keen to discuss

I have a T12, 30mm knot.
It's a bit on the floppy side but rather fun to use.
eap7kh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom