Ink + Converter

Chris, I'm really impressed that you know all this stuff. Seriously.
I was impressed with myself that I remembered any of it, 50 yrs + after the Sisters tried to drum Penmanship, using the Palmer Method, into my head.
Impressed that you really seem to have a working knowledge of all these things.

(Drummed involved heavy meter long pointer with a hard rubber point on one end and a eye for hanging on the other, and the thickest 'Yard Sticks' that I've ever seen. They must have had a Church Equip Supply House that sold them)

Johnus said:
I was impressed with myself that I remembered any of it, 50 yrs + after the Sisters tried to drum Penmanship, using the Palmer Method, into my head.

(Drummed involved heavy meter long pointer with a hard rubber point on one end and a eye for hanging on the other, and the thickest 'Yard Sticks' that I've ever seen. They must have had a Church Equip Supply House that sold them)

Merely an interest, John - if you're interested in something, you tend to retain it, plus, sbrebrown's videos are always useful!
Sadly, my penmanship isn't much good, but I try.

chrisbell said:
Johnus said:

Merely an interest, John - if you're interested in something, you tend to retain it, plus, sbrebrown's videos are always useful!
I'd be interested to see anything you'd be willing to share, Chris. I like seeing people's handwriting if they take an interest and care in it and I'm sure you do.
I don't have anything worth saying but I like to take my time and write with care.

NotTheStig said:
chrisbell said:
Johnus said:

I'd be interested to see anything you'd be willing to share, Chris. I like seeing people's handwriting if they take an interest and care in it and I'm sure you do.
I don't have anything worth saying but I like to take my time and write with care.

Trust me, you don't!:icon_rolleyes: One of the side effects of my disability is slack joints, which means that reproducing a loop or curve to the necessary accuracy multiple times is nigh-on impossible - there is inevitably a greater degree of variation than there ought to be. Add to that the fact that I wasn't taught true cursive as a kid (I was one of the first generations to suffer from the notion that handwriting wouldn't matter as much in the future) and the fact that I can't make my cursive slant (in other words, it's pretty much upright), and the end result is that it's illegible if written rapidly, and legible but ugly when I slow down.

Here are a few rather dodgy writing samples with a few pens and inks, excuse the dodgy phone camera:icon_rolleyes:

Love the TWSBI 580 best, nib is smooooth

*edit* the blue black may in fact be 'Saragossa Sea'..cant remember!

Well, you asked for it!

ec9k.jpg

deym.jpg

If anything, my camera makes this sample seem even worse than it does in the flesh.:icon_rolleyes:

Interestingly, Carl, your scruffier, hurried style is more expressive than your "Sunday Best". I rather like your upper-case "S", though - I wouldn't try to copy it as it's yours, but it's very distinctive.

My ? Like of fits here. Seeing I went on a lower cost pen buying spree I decided to try a number of different inks. What better than buying ink samples to see which ones I liked. Bought, from a Internet store that majors in fountain pens, 7-8 samples. Samples came.
Each container has less ink in it than I need to fill a converter. They actually have so little ink that I can not pull any ink into a converter with the nib attached. As a matter of fact they have so little ink that I cannt even fill a convert out side of the pen.
Is this the usual for ink samples?? I wouldnt be so annoyed if hadn't had to buy the samples??
Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom