Ikon Slant

49er said:
Dobbo25 said:
bigduncan said:
Bechet45 said:
Tall_Paul said:
I have to admit, the more I read about the slant the less I want one.

All the negative stuff piles up and overwhelms the positive but the fact is - everyone here who has shaved with the razor rates it very highly. It is a beautiful piece of kit and a marvel to shave with.

except me
weepers ,nicks all over the place
prep no different
regular blade vintage platinium ( that i'd used once and got a lovely shave )
face looked like a ******* mess

i do'nt expect to pay top dollar and fanny around lining blades up
end of

item now sold

I see you never you mentioned any of this when you sold it on in the BST though.

For sale, one bloodstained razor!!

Could it be a faulty one though?

Imagen%2520734.jpg

Imagen%2520735.jpg

I shaved with my new Ikon Slant for the 1st time yesterday so here are my initial thoughts as promised. Ina word, FANTASTIC!

Despite some negative comments on here, I found the Slant very easy to load and there were no problems with blade alignment at all. (Swedish Supersteel) I prepped as normal, lathered up and went for it with a little trepidation. I shouldn't have worried at all as the shave was easy, comfortable, smooth and very close. No nicks, irritation or discomfort at all and quite possibly the best shave I've experienced to date.
Strange as it might seem, the razor also sounds amazing when it's doing its job. Almost as though the head amplifies the cutting sound of the blade which gives an added sense of satisfaction to the procedure.

I've been a convert to D/E shaving for about 5 months now and clearly not as experienced or probably as proficient as some on here but it seems I have found my go to razor - for the forseeable future at any rate. I've no experience of any other slant bar razors but I can't recommend the Ikon Slant highly enough.

Back
Top Bottom