"How to Shave" at TGS...

Spiros said:
Good Morning Everybody!!
Need your advice: In the shaving process (after prep and lathering) which parts should I start from? The sensitive ones (under the neck, lips etc) or the less sensitive?
Take care! Friday is getting close..

I always start on the less sensitive areas, to ensure I've got my 'eye in' before hacking away at the more sensitive areas.

I normally start on my left sideburn and cheek, then onto my left hand side of my neck, then round under my chin, up my right sideburn area and cheek, leaving the goatee area until the end. God knows how it's 'supposed' to be done, but that's how I've always done it.

Very interesting. All the videos I have watched so far have said use the brush in circular motions, and to go against the grain. Seems I am learning all the time. Which is good, less chance of mistakes. I hope.

I watched this some time ago on TGS's website. What struck me then was how much pressure RJ seemed (?) to apply. Skin tightness and bristle type might be a factor. I've always (>35 years) used a brush and soap/cream and, when younger, would do 1st pass WTG and 2nd pass ATG, with impunity - great shaves. As I've got older my face and technique have changed - I'm no bulldog but grey bristles and slacker skin mean lighter pressure and XTG on the 2nd pass. It may be because there's so much out there now, but I also fanny around with skin food this and shave oil that. I always was long stroke on the 1st pass - maybe all I need is 30 years back!

Back
Top Bottom