Home Made Soap - cast your vote!

trench said:
Dodgy - good point on the shower soap scent! Also, have you cast a vote yet? I want to know what scent you want!

I have a puck of nice smelling vintage Halston 1-12 shaving soap being used in the shower instead of on my face.

If I had my druthers about a fragrance to choose for shaving, it would have to be a calming sorta thing. Nothing too strong or intrusive. I forget what the exact EO is called but maybe something with the 'Dew Kissed Early Morning Bunny Fur' note. Yeah, that's a good one to huff during the shave.

Hiya,

It seems to me that not all vetiver/vetyver smells the same. Whatever's used as the scent should be researched a bit to see which version might be best.

I believe there's both FO and EO to choose from but it's been years since I looked this up. I think there's different grades or something.....maybe.

Oh trust me, whichever is chosen, I won't just blindly chuck some fragrance in. I have done quite a bit of research on the soap making side, so I have every reason to believe that it will come out ok (not counting my chickens though) so I'm giving it every chance on the fragrance side too.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

It seems to me that not all vetiver/vetyver smells the same. Whatever's used as the scent should be researched a bit to see which version might be best.

I believe there's both FO and EO to choose from but it's been years since I looked this up. I think there's different grades or something.....maybe.

Very true also the chase for green or fresh vetiver, which for some is considered much nicer than the rough earthy vetiver.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Very true also the chase for green or fresh vetiver, which for some is considered much nicer than the rough earthy vetiver.

Back
Top Bottom