Home Made Soap - cast your vote!

Hi gents (and ladies).

Having a go at making my own soap. Cannot decide on the scent to use, so thought I'd leave it to you guys and see what we can come up with.

I'm ordering everything Tuesday so if you fancy having your voice heard, comment below and the one with the most votes gets it!

Not using a poll as I'm leaving it to you guys to come up with whatever you want.

Thanks

Trench.

pjgh said:
Okay, I'll play ... Bay Rum :D

Nah, concentrate on getting it right then bung the scents in ...

Bay Rum
Citrus
Vetiver
Rose
Lavender
Violet
Fougere

... all classics and "must haves" in a soap collection.

Dude, thanks for your vote.

I totally agree with your wise words, but on the off chance that the first batch turns out good to use, i'd like some scent in there - hope that makes sense.

jb74 said:
Chicken & Vegetable

Haha dude!

Just to clear this up in case of any confusion, the soap is for shaving, not eating! :icon_razz:

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

By the way, if the soap turns out good in my eyes, those who have helped (if they want it) can have some of it, as long as it doesn't cost me extortionate amounts to send. Seeing as it would take me years to get through it, some of you guys may as well have a share in the spoils (just don't get your hopes up, it may be terrible!)

Much love,

The trench

trench said:
I figured Bay rum would be up there! Keep them coming!

While I'm at it, what essential oils typically go into a bay rum scent?

Hi there,

Do a forum search on bay rum to see what's typical of the ingredients. There's a bunch to choose from.

One thing you might try would be a gourmand single note kinda scent like chocolate or vanilla or coffee. I believe there's pure absolutes made for each of those, plus lots more.

Whatever you decide on, make sure it's a scent you wouldn't mind using in the shower if that's how this attempt turns out.

Just a thought,

Martin

dodgy said:
trench said:
I figured Bay rum would be up there! Keep them coming!

While I'm at it, what essential oils typically go into a bay rum scent?

Hi there,

Do a forum search on bay rum to see what's typical of the ingredients. There's a bunch to choose from.

One thing you might try would be a gourmand single note kinda scent like chocolate or vanilla or coffee. I believe there's pure absolutes made for each of those, plus lots more.

Whatever you decide on, make sure it's a scent you wouldn't mind using in the shower if that's how this attempt turns out.

Just a thought,

Martin

Dodgy - good point on the shower soap scent! Also, have you cast a vote yet? I want to know what scent you want!

Just had a very brief look at a post on here about the laws regarding making cosmetics. They apply wether you charge or not, which means that if i send out the soap i need to do all the necessary paperwork. That doesn't put me off (Although it may once i read the document properly), but it may take a while!

Keep these great suggestions coming.

The trench

Back
Top Bottom