Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

Re: RE: Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

BraveBlades said:
well after some lathing issues, we have progress again

15nrqf6.jpg

and with a 24mm knot in place(not set or glued) (cap still requires polishing too)
2rctxfa.jpg

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Hell's teeth, that's a fine piece. Once more I am flabbergasted by the skills that are out there. Green with envy does not cover it.

Great work.

Re: RE: Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

jds said:
BraveBlades said:
well after some lathing issues, we have progress again

15nrqf6.jpg

and with a 24mm knot in place(not set or glued) (cap still requires polishing too)
2rctxfa.jpg

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Hell's teeth, that's a fine piece. Once more I am flabbergasted by the skills that are out there. Green with envy does not cover it.

Great work.

Not my skills. Im drooling as much as you until I get one in my hands. :)

Have you considered how the knots will be mounted yet? If not take a look at one of the Docs posts where he shows the cap with knot in place but positioned upside down (in a tube) allowing the epoxy to set without interfering with the threads.

J3lv4n said:
Excellent work! Let me know if he will make som more to sell.

will do :icon_razz:

UKRob said:
Have you considered how the knots will be mounted yet? If not take a look at one of the Docs posts where he shows the cap with knot in place but positioned upside down (in a tube) allowing the epoxy to set without interfering with the threads.

I have studied that one in detail Rob - cheers

Not yet glued but set at 51mm Loft
316py74.jpg

Don't want to worry you Andy but I was reading on a US site today that Rubberset are prosecuting people over there for copyright infringement and apparently are using lawyers to search shaving forums.

Just to be safe, you may want to send these to me so I can hide them in with my genuine ones. You can obviously have them back when the fuss has died down - a couple of years should do it.

UKRob said:
Don't want to worry you Andy but I was reading on a US site today that Rubberset are prosecuting people over there for copyright infringement and apparently are using lawyers to search shaving forums.

Just to be safe, you may want to send these to me so I can hide them in with my genuine ones. You can obviously have them back when the fuss has died down - a couple of years should do it.

Thanks for the heads up Rob, I'll parcel them up for you straight away!

GDCarrington said:
Beautiful!

Thank You!

here we have it's test lather
357rp7k.jpg

and a (still damp) bloom
2hea3cx.jpg

You should be able to find 25mm O rings or thereabouts quite easily, in lots of colours I doubt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METRIC-NITRILE-RUBBER-O-RINGS-2MM-DIAMETER-C-S-SIZES-18MM-ID-TO-35MM-ID-/321255891439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4acc57e1ef

Back
Top Bottom