Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

Re: RE: Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

782sirbrian said:
Woa ! :heart: I like those very nice work, does he use a CNC lathe to make them ? I can see him being busy making loads of those beautys :icon_razz:
Same as Big Ron go with a Finest Badger knot.

Yeah cnc lathe and cnc mill. And god knows what else. He has hinted at maybe making a few more if its worth his while...... Since he has some material left.

Re: RE: Here's why I wanted O-Rings....... Inner Magpie is shouting at me!

Midas said:
Looking good! 24mm felt about right for the handle I made.

This is all your fault. When I saw yours I thought id ask my mate about the possibility. :)

BraveBlades said:
oh my god! - he just polished em
5k2fb6.jpg

I'd very much like to own one of those!! SBAD is a cruel mistress..

BigRon said:
BraveBlades said:
oh my god! - he just polished em
5k2fb6.jpg

I'd very much like to own one of those!! SBAD is a cruel mistress..

True. Even when you make or restore your own brushes, SBAD is still a very cruel mistress. She always wants more!

dodgy said:
GDCarrington said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

Heh, I hope the Good Doctor sees the pics. He is somewhat attracted to these types of handles as you may know.

Martin

Now Martin, you wouldn't want to vex the poor Doctor do you ...

Truth be told, I am not adverse in trying to light his fuse if at all possible. He does that to us often enough, so I know he must like the returning of a favor. Quite a kick seeing him get into his short, but intense monkey oil salesman routine about something or other.

Well then carry on, carry on!

I found that both 26 and 24 mm knots fit the originals - I used TGN in mine.

He's done a good job but does this mean my originals are now down valued?:icon_rolleyes:

UKRob said:
I found that both 26 and 24 mm knots fit the originals - I used TGN in mine.

He's done a good job but does this mean my originals are now down valued?:icon_rolleyes:

I doubt it very much Rob. Thanks for the info though :D

You will sell quickly. It is nice.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Very good looking results on those. Looks like they are gonna feel substantial when in use. Did you mention what the material was?

Heh, I hope the Good Doctor sees the pics. He is somewhat attracted to these types of handles as you may know.

Martin

Martinello, you know me.

dodgy said:
GDCarrington said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

Martin

Truth be told, I am not adverse in trying to light his fuse if at all possible. He does that to us often enough, so I know he must like the returning of a favor. Quite a kick seeing him get into his short, but intense monkey oil salesman routine about something or other.

Oh well, just to say that I did not know nothing about this thread when I posted today the pics of my last restored Rubberset 400. I was aware of the intentions of our friend to make some brushes, but I was at vacation in Mallorca. Returned a couple days ago, and today I shot the pics of my brush that arrived when I was in France, and posted them. I have not used it yet.

I enjoy when other people enjoy! Enjoy your brush, my braveblades friend!

Dr Dulcamara said:
You will sell quickly. It is nice.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Very good looking results on those. Looks like they are gonna feel substantial when in use. Did you mention what the material was?

Martin

Martinello, you know me.

dodgy said:
GDCarrington said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

Martin

Oh well, just to say that I did not know nothing about this thread when I posted today the pics of my last restored Rubberset 400. I was aware of the intentions of our friend to make some brushes, but I was at vacation in Mallorca. Returned a couple days ago, and today I shot the pics of my brush that arrived when I was in France, and posted them. I have not used it yet.

I enjoy when other people enjoy! Enjoy your brush, my braveblades friend!

Thank you Dr D. I intend to - more pictures to follow as the brush progresses.

well after some lathing issues, we have progress again

15nrqf6.jpg

and with a 24mm knot in place(not set or glued) (cap still requires polishing too)
2rctxfa.jpg

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Looking great Andy just out of curiosity what's the diameter of the handle I'll have a look do you want rubber or fiber O'rings I'm thinking red would be a nice colour. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/390614511252?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Back
Top Bottom