Hello and Welcome

Dear Mark,

May I extend a warm wecome to you and thank you for joining us - you are something of a hero over here, you know.
Possibly you might find the sentiments and means of articulation on these boards slightly more robust than those you are used to but do not be alarmed - we're quite a docile bunch really!
Welcome aboard and very glad that you are on the mend.

Hello everyone,

Well I've been away for awhile and seem to have missed a lot of stuff over on conuk. I was shocked tonight when I couldn't view conuk. But a huge thank you to Rev-O for the link to this site! Cheers Ollie!

Mark

Hello everybody. This looks like it is going to be a tremendous site!

I am new here, but, i have been wet shaving with a DE for 25 plus years & i still pick up useful snippets from time to time.

Fozz

Re: Hello and Welcome, another CONUKer

Spend 5 days without using the internet and just look what happens in yer absence. Very impressive.

Hello to Hando, Antdad, Pigcat, the good Rev and all the others.

Boab, well done

I'm still not sure what the hell happened at B&B, and so am having difficulty with what exactly is appropriate or not when posting. I wasn't exactly controversial to begin with either so it is an odd feeling. A bit like having tea with a very straight laced, elderly auntie I suppose. Great selection of cakes and lovely pot of Typhoo but sometimes you to need to drink beer and belch without being made to feel like the company will have a seizure.............

philamac said:
A bit like having tea with a very straight laced, elderly auntie I suppose. Great selection of cakes and lovely pot of Typhoo but sometimes you to need to drink beer and belch without being made to feel like the company will have a seizure.............

Philamac.
You are a keen and articulate observer - could not have put it better myself.
And welcome aboard.

philamac said:
A bit like having tea with a very straight laced, elderly auntie I suppose. Great selection of cakes and lovely pot of Typhoo but sometimes you to need to drink beer and belch without being made to feel like the company will have a seizure.............

When I was studying music in Nottingham we got invited to the house of one of the older members of our class. She and her husband were absolutely charming people and put on a beautiful spread in their garden. Our youthful exuberance was stifled for an hour or so until a friend of mine farted and the whole thing collapsed in to chaos. Excuse the pun, but I suppose he just needed to let off steam! Luckily the hosts were most understanding of our guffaws and merriment. No doubt they would have been just the same when they were younger.

Anyway, I agree that Philamac is quite right. I think we all felt like we were guests and had to be on best behaviour, even though we weren't sure exactly what etiquette was required. TSR is like getting home again, kicking off your shoes and putting your feet up in front of the telly.

Back
Top Bottom