Have you seen the latest Simpson offers?

Just bought far too many Simpsons "bargains". Thank you, I guess?

disappear GIF

Ebbers if you find you can't stand the coffee one I'll take it off your hands, I live for coffee but have never shaved with it. Although I hope you do like it obviously!
Have you ordered? The office is closed until 4th of January, but you can order now. There will never be another bargain like this.

Why stop at one? The postage is the same even if you order a couple more. I ordered a set of three. i couldn't resist it.
Well what if I don't like it? Also, i now have perhaps 12 soaps, probably worth many years of usage -- I don't want to have to use Cofee until I'm dead because I wanted to save a couple quid :) -- keep some space free ont he shelf more different purchases :)

Well what if I don't like it? Also, i now have perhaps 12 soaps, probably worth many years of usage -- I don't want to have to use Cofee until I'm dead because I wanted to save a couple quid :) -- keep some space free ont he shelf more different purchases :)
Yes, there is always the possibility that it's not to your taste, but they make great presents.

Reactions: Nav
Here is what I received by email:
It is with regret that we have to announce that Shaving Station will reach the end of the line in February 2023, it has been our please to serve you over the past 10 years but all good things must come to an end.
We will continue to trade as normal through until the end of February, so your continued support would be greatly appreciated, but there are some important updates we need to issue to our valued customers. Those of you whom have accrued loyalty points please ensure you utilise these BEFORE the end of February as these will no longer be valid after this date. We will continue to award loyalty points on qualifying orders but please ensure you utilise your balance in time.
As a small, independent family business we have faced a number of challenges over the past six months, a perfect storm of events, which mean we have had to make the difficult decision to close the website whilst we tackle the challenges life has dealt us. We sincerely hope this will only be a short term hiatus and we will review the situation later in 2023 with a view to hopefully being able to resurrect the website.
It has been an absolute pleasure serving the community over the years, and we have made some good friends along the way, so for that we would like to say a massive, heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Without you, Shaving Station would never have developed in to the success it was.

Well, I placed a nice order this morning (£80) however paypal tells me the payment is 'pending'... Perhaps this is just a week-end thing...
If you mean Shaving Station, I imagine it's having a New Year's Eve break. I suppose that applies to most firms.
Although Simpsons closed for the holiday 22nd Dec until 4th Jan, and my orders were still accepted on 23rd and 27th Dec.

It is with regret that we have to announce that Shaving Station will reach the end of the line in February 2023, it has been our please to serve you over the past 10 years but all good things must come to an end.
We will continue to trade as normal through until the end of February, so your continued support would be greatly appreciated, but there are some important updates we need to issue to our valued customers. Those of you whom have accrued loyalty points please ensure you utilise these BEFORE the end of February as these will no longer be valid after this date. We will continue to award loyalty points on qualifying orders but please ensure you utilise your balance in time.
As a small, independent family business we have faced a number of challenges over the past six months, a perfect storm of events, which mean we have had to make the difficult decision to close the website whilst we tackle the challenges life has dealt us. We sincerely hope this will only be a short term hiatus and we will review the situation later in 2023 with a view to hopefully being able to resurrect the website.
It has been an absolute pleasure serving the community over the years, and we have made some good friends along the way, so for that we would like to say a massive, heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Without you, Shaving Station would never have developed in to the success it was.
I'm sad to hear this. Stuart and Angie have always been great to deal with. It must be a tough retail environment to operate within during the current climate. Wishing them all the best for the future.

So, what's Cafe Latte like? Well I love the smell, nails it, as a 'sweet' sort of cafe latte. Very fun.
Lather is a bit hard to get, but it comes -- it's definitely not the best lathering soap in the shed TBH, and I actually *ran out* while shaving, which is unheard off. Shaves fine, but has small tendency to try to disappear on your face, also, I had to beat it up again during the shave to keep it in a good state.
Conclusion, great fun, but I'm glad I didn't buy 10 pot of it even at £2, I'll definitely use it and enjoy it, but it's more of a 'novelty' cream, I think. Can't beat the price tho!!
Razor is the ARTrazor Pegasus 8/8", 1/2 -- walrus tusk scales on titanium liners. A marvel really.

Pkg_wbzuF3W2I5CHW8m-uXILlCaIk4pumtR-8bViQ0HR1TXzp4PzKKcZLyJVzkXJVGqWODiY8MwP0NNXeDeJQaRY_hRjnPGwMrr1XJDoVJYyy-98D686aeHygjiI133JoUIzG6aYiHhqNVa6iGdEvj5xY_MkYTmRUIp-7Uoq0rclYufoo_6CYGYMWha8OhdoNjah3gGfFKkR-fd1mDGTM2Z69rdoyVaz0DF0fjqNvw2LoyR-BelHsOtZRsdEbm5IM-7uKtm4Kd5FQSM99U01XNnCIgve8Sq2QO4FUbbudcZvy5MAvLeyklgWt3bSnL8JSE2ZYQmo3_Fnt6TXP1vpItlhpzRaB9xDm3y2RJ9j9j72woHx9KrQylv5sR0xnhCBgLqYjpEXLXRNrZdtmz6GrAsLyEx4_pdg0oh76TEpgummAtxlY36_0ifFKT8wen64fsvtFEPvpFYtkt3kVNagXh7V5WJmkxIrC3edyPTp9hfGSMgkEr9kKw5kCPJa60qrGqMm0LzmfFnahlRcFO8xEw17pSiy9ivCoOz-Nq183sRhGdx-2EBOZjIVYto3TI07_j00ih_N0uWlvyDfhsW-OH9k0DpGa9QaKTJOXBsN4nRh-iXdSLbQ8MVtUeIj2oYj3U3rEvmzTnB5R1GrkK2cn-shoClEp9MIOUUGfBKXUO8hfdxfHvj3PGsCxEo4z28V4TAqLb676udfGB_nX1k8Vidd2zkh7aZ7IyZ5cdC3iPuUDmqZG0D5agn1dpCtDnqQc9NneUX7q0Mu4j9SgdnTBZ44njsASCGw4qk3VrY8N_0zwg9IcYLxj1KdT4AcQnR-7iiy72puz2DllUl8zx4ERxdwyIzL3FO5MzcxPvZuyUkPXoZA82gJeXAwg_Ik-cPLH7bzH-TIVYe3yYzkLEEyrx4UHey5AMtf_27NG6uE8CTCrQ=w2588-h1676-no

So, revisiting my review here... Turns out I was trying that cream with that new brush (pictures) -- I was then also disapointed initially with the SImpson Lime cream I tried the following day.... so as a hunch I reverted to my trusted cheapo badger brush and poof, *lovely* lather...

So yesterday I tried the Cafe Latte again, and I had much much better result than initially -- not a *prize winner* but definitely not bad at all...
My assumption that new (boar, quite stiff) brush wouldn't make a hell of a difference was wrong, it made a *ton* of difference!

I've been going thru that Christmas Stash of soaps & creams for the last week+, having fun! No disappointment. So far the winner is still the Pere Lucien Bay Rum, it was also the most expensive (but for the much bigger pot so...)
Simpson Sandalwood is quite subtle, nothing like the Lime from the same range. I still have the Simpson Bay Rum to try tomorrow..

vEXbOjr3Ec6khQ-qv0fap8FwSKAQdIGfPUq6jhpOcNiOv93Xe3V1ZKhYx9e0Fg8gyFFcw346H9_862izvfP_wzKhrmvjhA3CU7o6ifKsO6UKNdlw5Q08_05hkoINtyAVqi8-NmFi_qU8gathOlFpV5Rjojx6dsmICyqaQZmaPGFJ6Jio3MhYx1lKn651ENsvQg_MEfqoetmlmpxqEYUVI1uafLH_aL0EbVPmL2zwyo9GDweoX2TbhWntBksy3y-Ag4IP_4UjfsBWMEM_nObuowXE6Dzw6VNyEepJlnjtZGtc-0XZwgaZi_Z7eOQBZYustw-MWwq54Pik2OUY2A94gnjtniJMoXI91XfIlpwOA2_NdOI2KGSUESVgHwR6Ezjd5x6AH3RzPuMsGRJsA7LWCKEpigETNMzwrt4PrN9cS0s2HKGkaMZfUEFj6GyWlZZ-0-dLGubBzjwVjXKF3w2pCoLZlvP-BxjlyKpVkd38xtjU9YumSyb1ehbDmzxqEHZbTMyI82sIqjr6lY5F-DMcxYK_yPNWB7pelYVDI-kJk6KkemwOlMIIhFVZ8UrKYLdzpvXsrlFBaI1vU4RNZdPleRxJKn7zqsTC4Z4b9AS0xKSPjG8Piu598tFt4cnCKnO87AcdzIdZU_maDgGp5pDV7Xy4yG8_9s6es7qZA5IM2200ksWeg8j404_zj6BL9bZFrU6JuhyetGFKy44HXrmicwEV1i6vgWEzVE_BUFxDMyrXGphsnfVdctsKvvQEQIw5fWPsYTvPhHLTx3ImnXyoZKJqrTitkRxm_XrmPxYzajLiF8j7PaDAnGIfP_3Yy3KCinly8WXjFXXR8i8ENZgnE3Pzlt354QS_zWuySxOhmAqbDVpnWY0_hlojnHPDZA5xXZi7VAdISmHhGvwAfx3duB8-kJeEc75Ow7RND81-OC7ZSw=w2240-h1678-no

I had a similar experience with weighing up blades for comfort and longevity. When I swapped to another razor the results were different.
The Coffee Latte, I agree, has a subtle fragrance. Pleasant, and I'm not a coffee fan. As I mentioned in another thread, I put cream to wet face directly, then brush it. Perhaps that is why I get a wonderful lather with the Simpsons cream. The razor glides over the face and I have no redness. With poor soap/cream I would be shaving my skin and couldn't shave every day.
My new excellent brush is the Simfix from Shaving Station.

Unfortunately we have to confirm we will indeed be closing the website towards the end of February, we are absolutely devastated as we have had a thoroughly enjoyable 10 years.

A huge thank you to any of you whom have purchased from us down the years, your business was always truly appreciated and never taken for granted, it has been our pleasure to serve you.

We are hoping to be able to resurrect something later in the year but only time will tell if this will be viable. For now it is farewell.

Back
Top Bottom