• lightweight good

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • heavy good

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • ease of taking razor apart is critical

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I am seriously interested in this razor and its successful completion

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • This is just a lark/discussion and I really have no interest what soever in what happens.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
However, here is what I would prefer to see in a new (SE) razor:
BladeType: Half-DE
Size: Medium (top-to Bottom 85-100mm)
Weight: Incl. handle ~70-100gr
Thickness handle: 12-13mm

Ease of cleaning is of no importance to me
Adjustability is also of no importance
Medium effective razor
Mild on the skin (no R41 scrappiness!)
Symmetical blade gap
Easy of blade change

I think there is no real design line that leads from a Schick repeating razor to a gillette tech heavy handle.
Although I think the Schick Repeating is a clever design, I can't say anything about the usability and feel, as I never used one.

Designwise I would say the Option5 is pretty cool as it takes up a new design for a DE, but it is a bit too hefty.
Especially the anodized look I really like.

Re the Schick Repeating Razors the two obvious design issues that impact shaving are the box shaped handle and folding head, both of which contribute to making it a handy travel razor but detract a bit from a pure shaving point of view.

4ad1b693dae4f42feec901ddd63edb7c.jpg

next 2 weeks im solidifying concepts then the rest of the month I am going to rough out a simple gem based critter.
First two weeks of December I plan on making a crude prototype for photographic work. Then if I haven't been left impoverished by the insurance man, im going to get a simple cad program and knock out a basic blue print.

Then when I have it "right" I HOPE to have a cad file in the hands of a fellow over in the UK who has a prototype machine. Then ill get it to billy in Scotland for first testing.
Can we at least see a sketch??????????o_O

Back
Top Bottom