Hanging Hair Test

DSC_0457_zps90soowgn.jpg

DSC_0456_zpsd7posfzq.jpg

Talkin of Very Sharp SRs..This Cheap USSR Broctok - 2 Space Orbit Celebration 1/2 Hollow 5/8th is One Surgically Sharp SR..They Have a Peculiar Edge that is Unique to Commie Block SRs..A Few Folks have Noted the Particular Shaving Characteristics of them in this Russian SR Thread..o_O
http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/russian-straight-razor-thread.53016/

Billy

DSC_0457_zps90soowgn.jpg

DSC_0456_zpsd7posfzq.jpg

Talkin of Very Sharp SRs..This Cheap USSR Broctok - 2 Space Orbit Celebration 1/2 Hollow 5/8th is One Surgically Sharp SR..They Have a Peculiar Edge that is Unique to Commie Block SRs..A Few Folks have Noted the Particular Shaving Characteristics of them in this Russian SR Thread..o_O
http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/russian-straight-razor-thread.53016/

Billy
Good thread that. A couple of years ago I bought a Thiers Issard. Too bad I wasn't aware of these Russkie Razors...:mad:

Re sharpness HHT or not, got high hopes for an old Heljestrand, steel sounds different to the rest of my blades, harder with a distinct ringing sound when pinged like a tuning fork, hoping for supersharp and smooth after honing but maybe end result is just a brittle edge...

Last edited:
Update - I asked about splitting the lot with the Kraken and had a very courteous reply explaining that the Kraken was (as I thought) the majority of the value of the lot. As it costs $160 (£127-ish) from Portland Razor Co. itself, it would be too much of a financial hit to sell it for the sort of values I came up with earlier (minimum £65). The cost of the razor mentioned above doesn't account for postage, nor customs.

As standard, I've thanked him for taking the time to explain that to me, and that hopefully he can sell it for the price he's looking for! Alternatively, I may be in a position down the line to buy it should he still have it - this would likely be months rather than weeks.

Thanks again all!

Update - I asked about splitting the lot with the Kraken and had a very courteous reply explaining that the Kraken was (as I thought) the majority of the value of the lot. As it costs $160 (£127-ish) from Portland Razor Co. itself, it would be too much of a financial hit to sell it for the sort of values I came up with earlier (minimum £65). The cost of the razor mentioned above doesn't account for postage, nor customs.

As standard, I've thanked him for taking the time to explain that to me, and that hopefully he can sell it for the price he's looking for! Alternatively, I may be in a position down the line to buy it should he still have it - this would likely be months rather than weeks.

Thanks again all!
Thanks for the update.Nevermind the world is full of lovely unwanted razors:)

Re sharpness HHT or not, got high hopes for an old Heljestrand, steel sounds different to the rest of my blades, harder with a distinct ringing sound when pinged like a tuning fork, hoping for supersharp and smooth after honing but maybe end result is just a brittle edge...
Those Heljestrand SRs Should Take a Wicked Edge from the 1 K Bevel Stone..Some SRs Take a More Definitive Edge than Others on the 1 K Stone..The Heljestrands are Defo One of them..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom