Gulp......what about a forum political section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also say NO, this is because on this forum we are only here for our love of shaving. There should be no politics, religion or any other talk that would devide people.

Alan

'Only here for the love of shaving' so no sport, coffee, or other fripperies? What if I loathe and detest shaving, but think being a member here will help me?
I tend to listen to Radio 4 when shaving - should I swap to mind-numbing tosh or silence?
No one to my knowledge has posted anything here other than facts. This isn't true of many other threads here.
Religions and political parties profess to be about uniting people, while shaving brands actively campaign to divide people to grow market share and foster brand loyalty. Maybe Dodgy would like to ignite a political education fuse(thread)!
NB Some people REALLY need to be offended. As a rule, people strongly prefer to get offended on behalf of other people. If you are rude about the current US Republican party, I promise not to be hurt if you are honest and truthful. All mainstream UK parties offend me, largely because of the high percentages of 'apologist' members.
Long live this thread, I may learn something more.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:
Remf said:
I also say NO, ....... or any other talk that would devide people.

Alan

So he says - with St. George as his avatar!

And what's your problem with my nations saint

No problem - I'm a great fan of St. George. However - go back to Remf's post about not dividing people. If they want it, I'm all for Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Curnow being independent of England - though that would be to divide your nation and mine.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

And now a short intermission:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdz5kCaCRFM

Cheers M, nice tunes! Well, I guess you have another one in the "yes" column now, if I read Remf correctly, which I'm pretty sure I did.

Bechet45 said:
RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:
Remf said:

Alan

No problem - I'm a great fan of St. George. However - go back to Remf's post about not dividing people. If they want it, I'm all for Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Curnow being independent of England - though that would be to divide your nation and mine.

I have absolutely no problem what so ever with you leaving the Union if so voted for. Maybe then we wont have to listen to your constant anti English rhetoric.

RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:
RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:
Remf said:

Alan

I have absolutely no problem what so ever with you leaving the Union if so voted for. Maybe then we wont have to listen to your constant anti English rhetoric.

Methinks you are confused about certain facts. However, this is less than worth pursuing other than to remind you that I am English.

Mikael said:
Cheers M, Well, I guess you have another one in the "yes" column now, if I read Remf correctly, which I'm pretty sure I did.

Hey, it's my favorite Swedishlanderer,

You really think he's on board with the idea? So tough for me to tell what these foreign types are actually thinking. They are sooo darn polite, don't you agree?

But yeah, I got that 'vibe' myself, and I think you're right, I'll put Remf down as a possible mod for that section.

Doofus

Oh......I was really glad to hear about your kitty returning. Great ending. Heh, I have a few lost cat stories myself that thankfully also turned out ok. One we had to have shipped 2000 miles (when she was finally found days later), but it was worth the inconvenience...that's for sure.

Bechet45 said:
RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:
RB73 said:
Bechet45 said:

Methinks you are confused about certain facts. However, this is less than worth pursuing other than to remind you that I am English.

Nope, just shows how an outright political sub forum would inevitably degenerate into a downward spiral that would keep the MODS ban hammer arms in condition.:icon_wink:

Bechet45 said:
[So he says - with St. George as his avatar!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys play nice now. Don't want the thread to go poof.....at least not this soon.

Deep cleansing breath..........there you go.

Hah, I just saw what Richard typed above me.

lloydedwards said:
Maybe Dodgy would like to ignite a political education fuse(thread)!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Good choice of words there,

You're right Lloyd, I would like to make some info available to read. Provide some links to articles that might change how someone looks at things, but maybe not. As you know, the more info the better when it comes to making an informed decision.

First thing I'd tell people interested in figuring out politics is to carefully consider the source of what's being written or said. That can tell you a lot right there. Gotta know who's writing what and why.

But I'm not interested in getting into full blown extended arguments, but rather just post some links to look at and maybe have others reply to with their own links. If there's a difference of opinion, then post the info to back it up. The thread doesn't have to get outta hand, although it's always possible.

In my case, I know there will be lots of crazy election stuff going on here in the US. I'd like to have someplace to post something interesting or goofy or whatever. Man, we do have some 'colorful' characters in these here parts.

Yeah, I think an actual thread devoted to political discussion would be pretty tough here. You can see there's lots of stuff just below the surface, and the thread would go south eventually. But that's not what's I'm looking for anyway. You're right about the educating part. Many people don't know the deal with power and control, and it can't be a bad thing showing another side of things.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom