Guitar players

Played since about 15 years old when I used to thrash it in a couple of local punk bands. I still have a certain love for the original punk sound from the mid to late 70's. These days a kind of 'country blues', blues folk and still writing some hard core punk songs, so a right old mix. Weapons of choice:

Tokai Les Paul
Hohner 80's Tele copy which weighs an absolute ton and quite the anti to a Fender Tele. The only one I have come across and not to be mistaken with the Prince Hohner Tele.
Martin DX 'Made in Mexico' series acoustic. Some oddities with a laminated neck and a kind of 'half finished finish', but sounds amazingly open and sweet. Doesn't give the impression of being robust and so handled gently. Wouldn't be without it though

Marshall MG twin combo with effects. Not sure but think it is 75-100W

Played since about 15 years old when I used to thrash it in a couple of local punk bands. I still have a certain love for the original punk sound from the mid to late 70's. These days a kind of 'country blues', blues folk and still writing some hard core punk songs, so a right old mix. Weapons of choice:

Tokai Les Paul
Hohner 80's Tele copy which weighs an absolute ton and quite the anti to a Fender Tele. The only one I have come across and not to be mistaken with the Prince Hohner Tele.
Martin DX 'Made in Mexico' series acoustic. Some oddities with a laminated neck and a kind of 'half finished finish', but sounds amazingly open and sweet. Doesn't give the impression of being robust and so handled gently. Wouldn't be without it though

Marshall MG twin combo with effects. Not sure but think it is 75-100W
Sounds like the MGDFX 250, 2x50w :) Stereo too, quite a nice touch :)

Any pictures of the Tokai? They make some of the best LP style guitars outside of Gibson :)

Interesting thread ...... hadn't noticed this........

Guitars:
Agile AL-3000 (LP style)....... 'Jimmy Page' wired with Alpha push/pull pots / Sprague Orange Drop caps, waxed cloth wire and Neutrik socket.
Epi DOT (Standard ....... Korean produced at Samick ...... so might as well be a custom shop compared to Chinese QC)
RG Prestige 1570 model (Standard, apart from the two Iron Gear 'Hot Slags' I wired into the neck and bridge)
G&L 'Tribute' S-500 (Standard Indonesian built model)
Tanglewood TW1000 Heritage Series Acoustic (Standard)

Amps:
Laney LC15-R (Retrofitted with Celestion G10 Vintage driver and furnished with JJ Tesla El84's and ECC83s jam jars, biased slightly hot)
Gorilla 'Tube Cruncher' (old arse SS amp .......... Surprisingly very nice ....... needs all the pots replacing, though.

Bits'n'bobs:
Too many pedals to mention ....... ones I've collected and ones I've built ....... But my 'go to' for quick set up is my old Yamaha FX-550.

Sounds like the MGDFX 250, 2x50w :) Stereo too, quite a nice touch :)

Could well be. Away at sea this moment so no idea without looking. Quite a long term amp with me and does everything and more. The Tokai I bought in preference over a Gibson. There is something I just do not like about the new Gibson's and even more so their present range. So here is half of it (?)

These are my toys:

A Two-Rock Studio Pro 22 amp. Fantastic tone even it low volumes, which is just what I need since I'm a strictly a home player these days.

Guitars (l to r): Hamer USA Studio, Hamer USA Newport, Hamer USA Elite. Unfortunately US-made Hamer guitars went out of business shortly after they were bought out by Fender. Still great value for a near-custom shop quality guitar if you come across any.
GuitarGroup1.jpg~original

Larrivee DV-09 Acoustic, Custom Strat, Yamaha SA2200
GuitarGroup2.jpg~original

Pedalboard: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe > Turbo Tuner > DAM Drag'n'Fly > DryBell Vibe > DAM Red Rooster > Ecstasy/Euphoria > Timmy > Supa-Trem > Skreddy Echo > AD999
Pedalboard%2027-07-15%20scaled_zpshhaa2cvv.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom