Giving up sugar

Stopped sugar in my hot drinks years ago.
Prefer to drink black tea (Earl Grey if available) and black coffee.

Still eat a shit load of sweets though, so no health benefits for me.

My vice... cans of coke... the root of all sugar evil... doused three today already... I try to stop but it always lures me back.

Don't even think about mentioning Diet or Zero to me... horse piss the two of them.

jb74 said:
My vice... cans of coke... the root of all sugar evil... doused three today already... I try to stop but it always lures me back.

Don't even think about mentioning Diet or Zero to me... horse piss the two of them.

Tried Pepsi max ?

It's my cola of choice - tastes great :)

I've never taken sugar in coffee or tea either (apart from when I was younger and at work after a heavy sesh when we'd have a 'witches brew' of about 4 spoons of coffee and three of sugar).

Having said all that, I'd rather take sugar than sweeteners like sucralose or aspartame.

Good luck with the new regime, Fido – a sugar-free fortnight is good going.

I'm another who has no problem with sugar-free tea and coffee but struggles to not eat biscuits at the same time. Have at least managed to slay the licorice allsorts demon this year. Just the in-car tictacs to go...

If you like a few biscuits cakes or chocolates a couple of beers and knock back a few soft drinks believe me a couple of sugars in your tea is nothing, when it comes to sugar intake putting a teaspoon of sugar in your tea is the least your problems like everything we do you must look at the whole picture a teaspoon of sugar contains no fat only calories 15 to be exact 138 calories in one can of coke keep taking sugar in your tea Fido it's not making you put on weight. PS diet and lifestyle are the main factors don't try and make a couple of sugars in your tea and coffee become the scape goat.
I usually drink around 5 to six cups a tea a day always taken 1 sugar that's about 80 calories a day when you consider we need about 2500 to 3000 calories a day to maintain our engines those couple of sugars are rather insignificant wouldn't you say.

pugh-the-special-one said:
If you like a few biscuits cakes or chocolates a couple of beers and knock back a few soft drinks believe me a couple of sugars in your tea is nothing, when it comes to sugar intake putting a teaspoon of sugar in your tea is the least your problems like everything we do you must look at the whole picture a teaspoon of sugar contains no fat only calories 15 to be exact 138 calories in one can of coke keep taking sugar in your tea Fido it's not making you put on weight. PS diet and lifestyle are the main factors don't try and make a couple of sugars in your tea and coffee become the scape goat.
I usually drink around 5 to six cups a tea a day always taken 1 sugar that's about 80 calories a day when you consider we need about 2500 to 3000 calories a day to maintain our engines those couple of sugars are rather insignificant wouldn't you say.

Time will tell. My 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of sugar are about 50 calories. So five cups a day would be 91000 calories a year. I'm not planning any other changes so it will be interesting to see how it goes in the coming months. Currently 202ibs, I'll be happy just to get back to a comfortable 14 stone which suits me at 6.2. Nothing too ambitious needed at my time of life.

The white death !!!
And salt, and fats, and caffeine, and bread, and alcohol...
Everything in moderation gents. Apart from shaving products obviously.

Gave up sugar years ago - not only slowed down the expansion of my waist but my teeth also ceased deteriorating - haven't has any trouble for years.
Willpower? - not a jot - I just substituted honey!

Back
Top Bottom