Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharpe Edge WOW

Ah yes forgot about that! Thanks mate. Will let my current stock of blades run down a bit first I think, the missus is starting notice me getting deliveries every week and going "products" shopping... I'd buy her flowers but she'd just be more concerned.

I have some of the Gillette yellow blades as a free sample with my razor and have a mind to try them in the 34C HD next. Currently on a Treet but don't see much difference between that and the Derby but only my first day of using it. Derby blades do seem mild and takes a few goes over coarser growth.

Do have Wilkington Sword black/white packaging as well as some Lord and Personas (thanks to Andy) to try but wondered where these all fit on a general scale of 1 to 10 from least to most sharp and also how forgiving too if possible?

geezer said:
I have some of the Gillette yellow blades as a free sample with my razor and have a mind to try them in the 34C HD next. Currently on a Tweet but don't see much difference between that and the Derby but only my first day of using it. Derby blades do seem mild and takes a few goes over coarser growth.

Do have Wilkington Sword black/white packaging as well as some Lord and Personas (thanks to Andy) to try but wondered where these all fit on a general scale of 1 to 10 from least to most sharp and also how forgiving too if possible?

Well, I like the modern, German-made Wilkinsons, but I'm in a distinct minority there. I've tried both Treets and Derbys and thought both were total sh**e, but that, by contrast, is definitely a majority view. I suspect you'll find the Gillettes wil feel more aggressive but will get you close with fewer passes. As long as you concentrate on blade angle and no pressure, you should be fine.

Thanks Chris. Nice to know the Treet isn't such a treat then. Prob try the Wilky's and Personnas to get them out of the way and then the Gillettes.

Back
Top Bottom