Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharpe Edge WOW

Just shaved with Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow for the first time and wow..... I have been using Feather blades since I started this journey and they were very good and I was happy with the shave but the edges of my mouth/moustache area always ended in bleeding as the feathers were just that bit too sharp and my technique lacking in finesse.

The Gillette however was a pleasure from start to finish and the first shave since my conversion that the moustache/mouth area hasn't bled, at all and is totally smooth.
Really, really impressed and will be ordering more from Connaught ASAP.

I will keep the Feathers in rotation as I feel it will be nice to challenge myself from time to time because the Gillette yellows are just a joy to use and don't want to get lazy/complacent.

Once again thanks to all of the kind users of this fine site for all the advice and humour.

Never tried the 7 O'Clock Yellows but I do have a bunch of Feathers and some 7 O'Clock Super Platinums. I really like the Feathers but the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (blue pkg) are excellent blades too. If you like Feathers, the 7 O'Clock Super Platinums are blades you might like too.

One of my favourite blades together with the Personnas.
Always give me a great shave.
I never could get along with Feathers though and stopped using them a long time ago.
regards, beejay

These are one of the last blades from my original sample pack plus various types either PIFed to me or sent as freebies with a purchase that I've yet to try. Given Canuck's love for these blades plus the Merkur 34c, that's the razor I'll use when I do get around to trying them.

I have one currently in my Velvet DE and I've used one in my EJ89, performed very well in both razors, I like them alot. When I get through my samples I may order those for everyday use.

Hiya,

The Gillette SharpEdge (yellow) would be my choice of easy to come by blades still being made. Very sharp and smooth and also quite forgiving. Truth be told, I have a hard time telling the difference between those and the Super Iridium.

Martin

dodgy said:
Hiya,

The Gillette SharpEdge (yellow) would be my choice of easy to come by blades still being made. Very sharp and smooth and also quite forgiving. Truth be told, I have a hard time telling the difference between those and the Super Iridium.

Martin
Over the years I've tried pretty much all the blades that are easily available to me some I love and there's quite a lot I wouldn't give drawer space to.Would of been quids in if I'd of used these first off and left the rest alone.
For your money and three good shaves a throw you cant go wrong.With the use of the Yellow and the odd Polsiver when i fancy I dont need to buy any other .

Used a Yellow with my new, to me, Merkur Vision. Nice blade shaved well. Sliced a bit off below my eye that bleed for about 10mins. Rate it sharp enough.

I can't get on with the Greens at all, they feel like they are tugging all the time. Don't seem to cut through my wiry beard.

I have been using Feathers almost exclusively of late, but popped a Yellow into my Merkur Progress tonight for a change and got a fantastic shave.

Haven't used Yellows for about a month, ever since I discovered Feathers, now all of a sudden I seem to prefer Yellows all over again.

Back
Top Bottom