Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharpe Edge WOW

For me the first pass with the yellows can be quite harsh and abrasive. The green super stainless stay consistent and don't tug at all for me, but because they're not coated if I go over the same area too many times I really notice it! (Like I did this morning). The yellows, once settled in, don't do this: they're s very good blade. The black super platinum have all the advantages of the yellows for me without any disadvantages and last a shave or two longer. Quite a bit more pricey though.

Black's are ultimately the best and far better than the blue pack, unfortunately there are few suppliers apart from the Indian market on ebay. Saying that, I have ordered these off ebay and they turn up after a few weeks so not a problem.

If I hadn't just pulled the trigger on 200 yellows and 50 365s...
Blacks are next on my list. Reassuring that they turn up fairly quickly. Did you go for 70x? No duty to pay at this end?

Blues are very poor. Only good for one average shave. Shame, but at least I only have a couple.
If anyone wants the Blues I'll happily PIF, now that we've really sold them to you!

Had my first shave with Yellows today. I'm really really pleased with them. I thought I was getting a good shave with Astras but **** these are a different league! So smooth and absolutely no irritation at all, none! Hopefully they'll last another two shaves as they cost a bit more than others I've tried, but even if they only last another shave they'll take some beating. I'm not too bothered about cost as Fusion carts I used before only lasted a week (max) anyway (so the saving is still huge).

I'm still trying out blades though, and really enjoying the process. I'll see how long these last and then try the Perma-sharps out from ChrisBell.

Thank you to Steve (Lose the beard) for these, very pleased indeed!

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Black's are ultimately the best and far better than the blue pack, unfortunately there are few suppliers apart from the Indian market on ebay. Saying that, I have ordered these off ebay and they turn up after a few weeks so not a problem.

You can also order them from Desistores in India - I've bought from them, and they're pretty quick.

I've just had my first shave with one of these, loaded in my Merkur 34c. Recently I've been trying a selection of blades sent to me by kind members here, and have used a run of blades that didn't seem sharp enough to get through my coarse stubble without tugging and pulling. I think I'd subconsciously been applying a tiny bit of pressure to compensate, which did mean that I've got a few tiny specks under my chin today with the Yellow, which I'm often prone to and which seem like a cross between a non-weeping weeper and ingrown without really being either. Otherwise, I can only echo the title of this thread - this may be my new favourite blade in this razor, supplanting Astra SPs! When I made sure to work with zero pressure, the blade felt as comfortable as the Astra but seemed to get through 2 days' growth with even greater ease. I could feel the sharpness of the blade, but, unlike Feathers in this razor, it never felt harsh at all, and the result was most impressive! As I've mentioned before, Feathers work brilliantly for me in milder razors, but this seems the perfect mix of sharpness and smoothness in this razor of any I've tried (and that's quite a few now).

Back
Top Bottom