Geo F Trumper soaps

I've tried the coconut soap this morning (beige color, is that the tallow or veg soap?), and I had no problems to produce a good lather.

Based on my first shave, I would say that the lather qualities are comparable to the Palmolive shaving stick.

I bought the GFT Coconut soap a few months ago and gave it away recently because I just could not get a decent lather despite trying several times and doing different things to try and help.[/u]

I have the sandalwood, and although its a very hard soap, I find it lathers excellently. I have one at home in a James Kent scuttle, and one at work in a tuperware tub. Both lather well, even the work one with a Wilkinson sword brush!

I always soak my brush (vulflix, new forest, or even the ws) in hand hot water while I wash. Then use quite a wet brush over the soap. In 30 seconds I have enough soap loaded for at least 2 passes.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I purchased 1x Violet 2 x Rose and 2 x Coconut from E-bay. Sucker for a 'bargain' and no fool like an old fool! They were being sold as 'end of line' and I was told they were Trumpers and to be quite fair I think they are.

I can say they are quite the worst soaps I have ever tried at any price,

I know this is responding to quite an old post, but I've had a very similar experience with end of line GFT soaps via eBay; with me it was 1 each of rose, coconut, eucris, sandalwood & almond (I think...).

I say similar, as although both myself & Norfolkdick bought in a similar way, the quality of the soaps I received, both in fragrance & big-soft-latherability (if that isn't a word, then it should be) was very high indeed - it's all I can do to keep my wife away from the rose one.

Always give a great lather (whether face lathering - my preference - or bowl lathering), always give a great shave.

Just my 2 pennys' worth...

I'm less enthusiastic after a few shaves; the lather quality is not consistent. I got my best lather when I put a dot of Balea shave cream in the mix (cheapest possible drugstore cream from Germany). On its own, the lather is very variable, ranging from good to useless.

I never have that variation with my other soaps and creams.

Back
Top Bottom