Folding Knife Recommendations

Probably the black handle....
But I do like the wooden handle too....
How much are they coz I didn't notice any price's, maybe I didn't look properly.
Prices? OK, they also sell on this site (link below) in NZ. Don't forget that prices are in $NZD (which is the Pacific Peso) so do a currency convert to get UK price equivalent.
UK folks can sign up to buy/sell on there too.
I don't know for sure, but I would think that direct from Svord would be a tad cheaper than the Trade Me prices.
Even the wee kitset one would be fun to play with, but yeah...black looks gnarly!
I will try to find the proper Svord prices for you, as the ones I have found are sold by a 3rd party, but this will give you an idea anyway.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/search?search_string=peasant knife
Edit: have sent them a message to ask about prices. Will let you know when they reply.

Last edited:
I have a Mora Classic No. 2 (same blade as the companion) which I wouldn't think twice about carrying anywhere I think I'll need it. Mostly it earns its keep making feather sticks and batoning wood on camping trips but it's a very useful tool for anything where you need a sharp edge. A lot sturdier than a folding knife.

Moras aren't expensive but have decent steel and easy-to-sharpen scandi grinds.
Morra's are great knives for the money

I hadn't heard of Mora before, they appear to be the main competitor to Opinel. I may get one.

Actually, I'd say it was Antonini of Italy:

Or, MAM from Portugal:

FWIW, an American metal enthusiast has just designed/invented what many are terming the "Holy Grail" of knife steels, Magnacut:

Actually, I'd say it was Antonini of Italy:

Or, MAM from Portugal:

FWIW, an American metal enthusiast has just designed/invented what many are terming the "Holy Grail" of knife steels, Magnacut:

Both very attractive knives. Both sites do not have prices.

To my eye, they are better-looking than the Opinels, but I guess the locking mechanism makes them UK street-illegal.

You piqued my curiosity and I gandered at the UK knife laws. :oops:

My reply:

;)

You piqued my curiosity and I gandered at the UK knife laws. :oops:

My reply:

;)
Crackers laws on knives here, and even more so than most of Europe. Introduced, of course, just when it became easier to buy a decent lock-knife that wouldn't close on your fingers, as the non-locking versions can do.

I used to do business in the USA, in the days when, visiting our offices in Louisville, KY, I could buy my son a small Louisville Slugger and bring it back to the UK in my airline cabin luggage. Times change!

I have a very nice smidge under 3" CK Swedish steel blade wooden and brass handled lock knife which I used to take to work every day in my brief case to cut up my fruit at lunch time - true; I used it for years in many establishments. Is this a good reason (or would it be considered as a good reason) to be carrying a knife, as I was actually using it at work?

I have a very nice smidge under 3" CK Swedish steel blade wooden and brass handled lock knife which I used to take to work every day in my brief case to cut up my fruit at lunch time - true; I used it for years in many establishments. Is this a good reason (or would it be considered as a good reason) to be carrying a knife, as I was actually using it at work?

I very much doubt it as it's not a tool you use for work. I personally wouldn't take the risk.

It's interesting because I believe that the legal requirement for carrying such a knife is "taking knives you use at work to and from work", which is stated to be a "good reason for carrying a knife" and I was genuinely using this knife at work albeit not "for" work. I did this for many years in all innocence. An ex copper challenged me once at work and I came up with this explanation when I looked up the rules, which I was unaware off before being challenged. I appreciate a court would eventually have to make a definitive decision if it ever came to that and it was a few years ago now!

Back
Top Bottom