flu/cold

Arrowhead said:
The GP may be thinking pneumonia. James' symptoms don't sound severe enough for that to be very likely (it would be a case of dragging the doctor to you rather than the other way around), but if that was the diagnosis, a course of amoxycillin or some antibiotic of that sort would be the standard prescription.
More likely the doctor found it easier to prescribe a short course of antibiotics than explain to a patient that it's a cold which they'll get over in a few days. No wonder drugs are starting to fail.

Yellow Jim said:
Arrowhead said:
The GP may be thinking pneumonia. James' symptoms don't sound severe enough for that to be very likely (it would be a case of dragging the doctor to you rather than the other way around), but if that was the diagnosis, a course of amoxycillin or some antibiotic of that sort would be the standard prescription.
More likely the doctor found it easier to prescribe a short course of antibiotics than explain to a patient that it's a cold which they'll get over in a few days. No wonder drugs are starting to fail.

Get well soon James, but I don't reckon you have pneumonia. I had it once when I was a wee boy and it was horrible.

Adam D said:
Yellow Jim said:
Arrowhead said:

Get well soon James, but I don't reckon you have pneumonia. I had it once when I was a wee boy and it was horrible.

whatever this is,I want it to be over :x

There are some nasty viruses going around at the moment.

I am just recovering from some sort of cold thing that has gone on for just over 2 weeks. Various cold type symptoms plus I kept feeling sick as well and I had 4 early morning coughing sessions that went on for an hour before I could get back to sleep. These kind of viruses make you feel unwell, but the worst thing is the boredom of suffering from the symptoms, everyday is the same as before :(

My personal favourite cures are paracetamol and hot fruit squash during the day. I remember once reading that this is as good as any "lemsip" type drinks you can buy.

That gets me through the day.

At night it's a double whisky in a mug with some boiling water and some honey, Works just the ticket. I was also asked if I'd tried this with milk. Supposedly it just sends you off to sleep.

A less violent way to tell if it's the flu or not is... if you're lying in your bed and you see a £50 note in your garden, if you think you'd have the energy to get it then it's a cold, if you don't care about it, you have the flu ;)

andyjreid said:
A less violent way to tell if it's the flu or not is... if you're lying in your bed and you see a £50 note in your garden, if you think you'd have the energy to get it then it's a cold, if you don't care about it, you have the flu ;)

I agree. Flu is not a common illness. I think I've had actual flu two maybe three times, and each of those times I wouldn't have got out of bed and gone outside if there was £1000 lying there.

andyjreid said:
pedro083 said:
James_uk said:
Mrs came around to nurse me today,I never thought I'll get that far feeling like this but I ended up doing things to her :twisted:

Defo just a cold :roll:

And now it's passed on to her and the circle continues.

I wonder who Mrs James is going to do things to then? ;)[/quote]

just rang her saying I'm feeling worse so she'll be coming to nurse me tomorrow night :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom