feather

What exactly was it about it you didn't like?

It was as rough as a badgers ass. Very unsatisfactory on the first pass and I could feel my skin being aggravated by it. Changed over to a 2nd (or possibly 3rd) use Feather and all very fine. Ikon SB head

May be it is my skin type, but just had to quit as nothing felt right.

not really a fan of feathers, they work well in some razors but they are few and far between for me....they are by no means bad but i do feel that there are better ones out there (for me anyway) always liked polsilver si's, pink rapiras are good as well but for me, personna blues are the best combination of sharp+smooth i have found. still lots to try though!

not really a fan of feathers, they work well in some razors but they are few and far between for me....they are by no means bad but i do feel that there are better ones out there (for me anyway) always liked polsilver si's, pink rapiras are good as well but for me, personna blues are the best combination of sharp+smooth i have found. still lots to try though!
I hate to show my ignorance (again), but when you say, "Personna Blues", which one do you mean? I looked at Connaughts selection and they're all in blue boxes.

Lab Blues, same blades as Med Preps packaged differently?, bought and tested but I am not the person to rate blades because they all seem to work for me.

I just had a very bad experience with a Feather blade. It was the third shave and it was extraordinary mild, so it was pulling my beard so hard. I don't know why, but they don't work for me. Either they are too sharp or too mild. I am going back to the Gillette.

I just had a very bad experience with a Feather blade. It was the third shave and it was extraordinary mild, so it was pulling my beard so hard. I don't know why, but they don't work for me. Either they are too sharp or too mild. I am going back to the Gillette.

That's just Feathers, the performance drops away instantly. Most I can get is three shaves and it just won't do four at all.
Although Feathers are fantastic in a Tech, I still prefer Gillette Silver Blues and Perma-Sharp Supers over them because they are nearly as sharp, much smoother and last a lot longer. They can also be used efficiently in a number of razors, the same cannot be said for Feathers. The only razor I put them in is a Tech and for me that's an unbeatable DE combination.

If you want a sharp blade, but with neither the cost or short life associated with a Feather, I would try Gillette Stainless in the red and white packet. Very efficient and smooth in a milder razor

I've heard that too, but as a shaving blade doesn't need to be sterile and nothing on the packaging mentions them being so, I don't believe it. This is in contrast to surgical instruments, syringes etc where the packaging clearly states that it's sterile until opened

There was a thread on B&B somewhere where someone took electron microscope photos of the edge which appeared to show a different grind on the meds. I like both, I've been backwards and forwards over whether or not they're the same in the end I just stopped thinking about it.

I've heard that too, but as a shaving blade doesn't need to be sterile and nothing on the packaging mentions them being so, I don't believe it. This is in contrast to surgical instruments, syringes etc where the packaging clearly states that it's sterile until opened

There was a thread on B&B somewhere where someone took electron microscope photos of the edge which appeared to show a different grind on the meds. I like both, I've been backwards and forwards over whether or not they're the same in the end I just stopped thinking about it.
Probably a wise decision.

I find feater's give me the closest shave out of anything, and can get about 3 shaves out of a blade before needing to bin it. However, they give me a large amount of razor burn my neck where you're always going against, across and with the grain, no matter what angle you attack from! Personna blues and Bic Super Chrome seem to be the best for my face so far.

I go with the grain on my face, but on my neck, the grain pattern is completely random...
It is not completely random as it is the same every day :p
Learn the pattern and go WTG first. If I would go north to south on my neck as the first pass I'd be in big trouble.
As always, I recommend watching @Kevy...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom