feather

Hi guys
I've been using feather for 5 years. I do love them
Can anyone recommend a better blade
I use an adjustable merkur

Also can someone tell me the cheapest place to buy feather 50 or 100 pack

Anyone uses pinfolds.co.uk

See flea bay for item 321855076420, only £14.88 delivered for 100, bought from this seller some IP's before without any issues, the chap is a wet shaver himself and post fair few sotd on FB.

See flea bay for item 321855076420, only £14.88 delivered for 100, bought from this seller some IP's before without any issues, the chap is a wet shaver himself and post fair few sotd on FB.
15 quid for 100? You can get Feathers for that price! Oh - they are Feathers. :p
That's the problem with Feathers - they don't last and they are expensive...

Hi guys
I've been using feather for 5 years. I do love them
Can anyone recommend a better blade
I use an adjustable merkur

Also can someone tell me the cheapest place to buy feather 50 or 100 pack

Anyone uses pinfolds.co.uk
Better, not really. A touch smoother perhaps, and not quite as sharp:
Astra Superior Platinums
Polsilver
Ladas
Persona Lab Blues.

Feather is, to my knowledge, the only DE blade with a triple ground bevel. All other blades have a double bevel.

Edit: Vokshod blades, to me, are really smooth, probably the smoothest blades I've ever used, but I don't find them to be particularly sharp. They work well in aggressive razors.

I am a big fan of Feathers and used them almost exclusively for 6 months or so until I discovered Gillette Silver Blues. For me, the GSB is one of the closest I have found in terms of sharpness but with less chance of biting. Another good blade is the Gillette Black 7 o'clocks. Only used them a few times but they were very impressive

Astra SP, Perma-Sharp Super, Personna Lab Blue and Gillette Silver Blues, to my mind are all "better" than Feathers because they offer a smoother shave, and more of them per blade. They are all much cheaper too. GSB are as close in terms of sharpness as I think you're going to get. All these blades can be used to great result in range of razors, something a Feather definitely does not!
There is however some redemption for Feathers. When you put one of these in a Gillette Tech or EJ89, there simply isn't another DE combo that I've come across, that offers the resulting shave, just as easily as this combination does. If I was in a hurry and needed a dependable, smooth result with no issues, this would be what I'd use.

I have tried Feather and Gillette Silver Blue blades. I would urge you to try out the Gillette ones. They are as sharp as Feather blades, but they are smoother. :)

Voskhod's are good for me, as are Astra stainless, Rapira Lux and Ladas. Also recommend unuta77 a good ebay seller great prices and service

I really can't fault them and the best of the (small) bunch I've tried to date. 5 shaves is not bad from a single blade and I think they get better after the first use. In the mild R89 pretty perfect

The Silver Blue I detested

Back
Top Bottom