Favourite Sandwich

jds

Whilst picking up some lunch today I pondered on what is my all time favourite sandwich. To me a well made, well filled sandwich with quality ingredients is a thing of beauty.

Whilst working in London a few years ago I happened upon a sandwich shop whose speciality was a Sunday Roast sandwich.... which included stuffing, veg and gravy. It was delicious, no doubt. But for me I think my all time favourite sandwich is a top quality beef and horseradish sandwich in white bread.

Over to you.....

Fish finger sandwich with either ketchup or tartar sauce.
Or for something a little more fancy salt beefor pastrami and whole grain mustard plus sauer kraut on freshly baked rye bread

Favourite sandwiches - top 5, no order

Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle
Fish Fingers with Red Sauce
Walkers Smokey Bacon Crisps
Mince and Tatties
Heinz Baked Beans, cold

Honourable mention to Minced Beef Findus Crispy Pancake sandwiches

MrK1 said:
Chip butty.

Made with home made chips, chip shop vinegar and ketchup on thick white crusty bread.

I'd leave the ketchup out, but importantly state that it needs real butter spread thick enough that it runs down your fingers as it melts into the hot chips.

I also like a good quality crusty roll with roast beef, wilted spinach, fried mushrooms and onions, melted swiss cheese, mustard and mayo. It's my favourite way to use up a spare bit of roast beef.

Re: RE: Favourite Sandwich

ChopperHarris said:
MrK1 said:
Chip butty.

Made with home made chips, chip shop vinegar and ketchup on thick white crusty bread.

I'd leave the ketchup out, but importantly state that it needs real butter spread thick enough that it runs down your fingers as it melts into the hot chips.

I also like a good quality crusty roll with roast beef, wilted spinach, fried mushrooms and onions, melted swiss cheese, mustard and mayo. It's my favourite way to use up a spare bit of roast beef.

Damn,
How could I have forgotten to mention the butter?

Nishy said:
Fish finger sandwich with either ketchup or tartar sauce.
I have the best of both worlds and spread one slice of bread with ketchup and the other with tartar sauce ;) Thin sliced mature cheddar with coleslaw is also a fave.

Back
Top Bottom