Favourite cream

Based on performance alone? From the three house proffered, I would humbly suggest having a crack at T&H Ultimate Comfort. Doesn't smell of much, but a lovely glide whilst allowing unequalled penetration for a 3T cream.
A bit dear but worth it, I felt. Bung a couple of drops of Petermans/favourite cologne into the lathering to sauce up the smell.
Mmmmm, Petermans... I think they have changed the recipe, mind; a lot less kapow than it used to be.

Last edited:
The Real Shaving Co. is Creightons "House" brand and The Body Shop's Maca Root Shave Cream is also made by Creightons. So those two shave creams are in the same league as any of the three 'T's' shave creams...which are also made by Creightons.

It all boils down to scent choice and price.

I bake five types of bread. All from the same kitchen but different ingredients - each bread if distinctly different to the others. Creighton's have the same ability to make different shaving creams, each with different qualities to the others.

It all boils down to what goes in the mix.

I bake five types of bread. All from the same kitchen but different ingredients - each bread if distinctly different to the others. Creighton's have the same ability to make different shaving creams, each with different qualities to the others.

It all boils down to what goes in the mix.
Someone I work with used to work, many years ago, for a firm which made fruitcake for Mr Kipling, M&S and various other brands. They used to made the cakes in batches, adjusting the amount / mixture as specified by that particular customer. Presuming that Creighton's do something similar, they have the potential to make awesome creams or crap ones, depending on what the customer wants or pays for.

The point i'm trying to make (badly) is that you should not assume the a 'Creighton' cream is necessarily a quality one - but a T&H cream (personal favourites) made by them will.

Has anyone said, "Xpec", yet? It happens to be my favourite but only because it is The Best Cream In The World. No discussion!

I typed No discussion because you can't say best cream in the world. End of. Could lead to misunderstanding.

Has anyone said, "Xpec", yet? It happens to be my favourite but only because it is The Best Cream In The World. No discussion!

I typed No discussion because you can't say best cream in the world. End of. Could lead to misunderstanding.

I have a sample of Xpec and I like the fragrance and performance is excellent. Expensive though!

I own 120+ creams and 80+ soap, among that 10 TF&H, 4 GFT, 10 TOBS and the entire DR Harris line.

I rank my favorite creams like this:

1. Xpec - new as well as old version
2. Acqua di Parma - new as well as old version are great, but different
3. Baume.Be - excellent yellow cream
4. Castle Forbes Lavender and Lime, former is better for my skin, latter has the better scent
5. Floris No.89 cream - excellent stuff. Top quality
6. Musgo Real - all 6 tubes are great
7. O'Melhor - just great stuff too
8. Penhaligon Endymion
9. Speick cream
10. Alvarez Gomez

Honorable Mention: St. James, the entire line (I own all 5 glass jars), made by Creighton, that also makes the 3 T's and DR Harris, ST. James is just that little bit better IMHO
How many! I think you're sorted for life!

For me, my favourite has to be either T&H 1805 (such an exquisite scent), or TOBS Sandalwood.

Greetings

Everybody has their own opinions and you are a fool if you dismiss any of them; the best you can do is to look and see if there is a brand that keeps surfacing year after year because shaving creams like everything else are the subject of fashion and popular approval that wains within a few weeks, today's 'must have ' will have vanished in 6 months time!

Here is one that has been around for years and is still wonderful.........Speick!
Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom