Favourite cream

Hi guys looking for opinions on people's fav shaving cream from TOBS, Geo F Trumpers or Truefitt and Hill. I have only tried the TOBS creams but wondering if the other manufacturers are worth the higher cost?

My favourite cream from TOBS would be between Grapefruit and Jermyn St. D R Harris creams are great and offer slightly better performance than TOBS. I would not recommend Geo F Trumper creams as the performance is not as good as TOBS and they are more expensive. I haven't tried T & H yet, so can't comment on them,

My favourite cream of all time is Art of Shaving Sandalwood. It costs about £25 and if that is within your budget, it is well worth it.

Hi guys looking for opinions on people's fav shaving cream from TOBS, Geo F Trumpers or Truefitt and Hill. I have only tried the TOBS creams but wondering if the other manufacturers are worth the higher cost?

My favourite cream from TOBS would be between Grapefruit and Jermyn St. D R Harris creams are great and offer slightly better performance than TOBS. I would not recommend Geo F Trumper creams as the performance is not as good as TOBS and they are more expensive. I haven't tried T & H yet, so can't comment on them,

My favourite cream of all time is Art of Shaving Sandalwood. It costs about £25 and if that is within your budget, it is well worth it.

I feel differently in that Geo F Trumpers Coconut cream is much better in terms of post shave and slickness compared with TOBS coconut. Trumpers Violet is also a good cream to try.

I feel differently in that Geo F Trumpers Coconut cream is much better in terms of post shave and slickness compared with TOBS coconut. Trumpers Violet is also a good cream to try.

Haven't tried Trumpers Coconut yet, or any coconut cream actually, but read some good reviews. I have only tried the Extract of Limes and Violet, and wasn't really impressed with either of them.

Haven't tried Trumpers Coconut yet, or any coconut cream actually, but read some good reviews. I have only tried the Extract of Limes and Violet, and wasn't really impressed with either of them.
Definitely worth a try a much more natural coconut scent as opposed to desiccated. The post shave isn't drying as the two you mention either.

Although I'm a dyed in the wool TOBS man, I do have some favourite shaving creams at the other end of the price spectrum: Erasmic, The Real Shaving Company and The Body Shop. The only drawback with these shaving creams is that they don't come in a variety of "flavours", but at the price and given the superb performance this is hardly a problem for me.
The Real Shaving Co. is Creightons "House" brand and The Body Shop's Maca Root Shave Cream is also made by Creightons. So those two shave creams are in the same league as any of the three 'T's' shave creams...which are also made by Creightons.

It all boils down to scent choice and price.

As far as I am concerned a shaving cream that has little or no scent has less chance of offering any irritation ...I am interested in on how a soap or cream performs and how it effects my skin is an integral part of how it performs...In a nut shell a cream that is scented is more likely to offer problems and it has no reflection on how it otherwise performs...o_O

Billy

Love me some Trumper's Violet! I get what you say about scent, FB, and I can no longer afford the fancier shaving creams like the aforementioned but by 'eck, those amazing scents don't half add to the experience. TOBS Rose is also marvellous - I'm never sure whether to shave with it or eat it! That said, I'm much more likely to use Real Shaving Co. Shave 2 cream as it's firmly in my end of the budget and performs as good as any of the three T's, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom