Favourite cream

At the moment my favourite cream is Salter's French Vetiver.

Great performance and the scent is powerful!

Whosthedaddy said:

I contacted Baume.be and I was sent free samples of the shave cream and aftershave balm. Both of which are fantastic.

Out of Trumpers, T&H and TOBS, I would be hard pressed to choose on performance alone. Scent would probably be the deciding factor and based on that, I would go for TOBS Jermyn St or TOBS Lavender. I wasn't keen on T&H 1805 and Grafton is ok but not outstanding. Trumpers Coconut is pleasant enough but I don't reach for it very often.

My favourite creams are currently Nancy Boy Signature, Pens Blenheim Bouquet and Anthony Logistics. And C&E Nomad. And Castle Forbes. I just like shaving cream. And soap.

Thanks for the great replies guys. Cella and speick have been on my list for a while now. I can't believe how much choice is out there! Will definitely be looking into all your suggestions. I will be in london soon so will visit jermyn st for a look (and sniff) at what is available. Cheers guys.

Thanks for the great replies guys. Cella and speick have been on my list for a while now. I can't believe how much choice is out there! Will definitely be looking into all your suggestions. I will be in london soon so will visit jermyn st for a look (and sniff) at what is available. Cheers guys.

Dan said:

Make sure you also visit the Harris shop on Piccadilly and Trumpers on Curzon. They're an easy walk from TOBS on Jermyn. Also, there's an Italian barber and men's groomingshop, etc. in the Piccadilly Arcade, which runs from Piccadilly to Jermyn St. which is worth a visit; its name is JB Tatam and Carlo Anichini. And, if you're into hats look, in at Bates on Jermyn next to TOBS.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I would agree with Burgundy and have to say that in both cream and soap that IMHO Speick is the best I have ever used.

Regards
Dick.
Cheers Dick,
Due a cream Shave today, will get Speick from my Travel Bag, not used it for a while.
Mike B

Darkbulb said:
I love Nancy Boy's shaving cream.

I did a short write-up with photos about it here

Nice review. I went to the store a couple of years ago and have since stocked up with the Signature cream, body spray and deodorant. It's a shame it's so hard to get hold of in the UK otherwise I'm sure it would have a big following

I have been trying a few different creams lately., L'Occitane Cade, trumpers,Taylor's sandalwood..... But keep,coming back to crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan myrrh it seems to shave well and I love the smell...

Steve. B said:
I have been trying a few different creams lately., L'Occitane Cade, trumpers,Taylor's sandalwood..... But keep,coming back to crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan myrrh it seems to shave well and I love the smell...

20% off this weekend using code 6CXA at Crabtree & Evelyn , I thought it would be rude not to buy some :icon_rolleyes:

I own 120+ creams and 80+ soap, among that 10 TF&H, 4 GFT, 10 TOBS and the entire DR Harris line.

I rank my favorite creams like this:

1. Xpec - new as well as old version
2. Acqua di Parma - new as well as old version are great, but different
3. Baume.Be - excellent yellow cream
4. Castle Forbes Lavender and Lime, former is better for my skin, latter has the better scent
5. Floris No.89 cream - excellent stuff. Top quality
6. Musgo Real - all 6 tubes are great
7. O'Melhor - just great stuff too
8. Penhaligon Endymion
9. Speick cream
10. Alvarez Gomez

Honorable Mention: St. James, the entire line (I own all 5 glass jars), made by Creighton, that also makes the 3 T's and DR Harris, ST. James is just that little bit better IMHO

Back
Top Bottom