Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

The blade seems to be completely unsupported in all the important places!!! The blade fulcrums are in the center of the razor instead of closer to the edge where they would give support and rigidity to the blade!

3c64a0a50c673177b269c1c1f08d8d5a.jpg

The blade seems to be completely unsupported in all the important places!!! The blade fulcrums are in the center of the razor instead of closer to the edge where they would give support and rigidity to the blade!

3c64a0a50c673177b269c1c1f08d8d5a.jpg

Is every single one of your posts going to be trolling in various threads?
After having read through enough of your drivel in other posts you earned yourself an ignore.

This is something I should have asked before placing my order but......

I've read in a few places about drag being a problem for some or at least being apparent with the Black Oxide and machined finishes. Now I did read (before ordering) that the Black Oxide finish did cause drag, hence me ordering the machined finish. I've now read that the Machined finish causes drag too.

If this is the case I'll have to contact Shane to change my order. A pain for Shane but it's not cheap, especially with the fees on top so I want to get it right first time.

I was wondering if anyone had experience of the various finishes and your thoughts? Is the drag minimal on the Machined finish? Is the Polished finish slippery?

One last question. Does anyone know the price of the OC yet?

Cheers
Rob

I have a version 1 in machined and a V2 in Black Oxide. In my opinion, the Blackbird is a razor that has a pretty specific shaving angle, and requires no pressure. If your angle is too steep, or you are putting pressure on the safety bar, you will experience some drag feeling.

After about three shaves with this razor, I had it dialed in, and have never had an issue since. It is the best shaving DE I have ever owned. It gives as close of a shave as I could ever ask for, and is comfortable enough to use daily, even ATG on my neck.

If you are worried about drag, contact Shane and change your order to a polished version. It costs a few more bucks, but from everything I have read, eliminates the issue.

I have a version 1 in machined and a V2 in Black Oxide. In my opinion, the Blackbird is a razor that has a pretty specific shaving angle, and requires no pressure. If your angle is too steep, or you are putting pressure on the safety bar, you will experience some drag feeling.

After about three shaves with this razor, I had it dialed in, and have never had an issue since. It is the best shaving DE I have ever owned. It gives as close of a shave as I could ever ask for, and is comfortable enough to use daily, even ATG on my neck.

If you are worried about drag, contact Shane and change your order to a polished version. It costs a few more bucks, but from everything I have read, eliminates the issue.

Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated.
I'm still unsure whether I should change my order to a polish version though.

Back
Top Bottom