Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

Or as his wife is probably saying, "three days to go and $1,000 short. I told you you should have gone with $20,000 as your stretch goal." ;)

Well she might be thanking me since we have to pay for them :). Reaching the stretch goal gives us more work and more expense, but the goal is to incentivize current backers to spread the word because they have something at stake.

Something at stake? As in, something to lose? What will not happen if you don't make the last $900-ish in the next sixty-seven hours?

You won't lose anything. You just won't get the exclusive shaving soap/cream that Local Gent Shaving Co. and I are working together on. If we reach $22.5k, all razor backers will get one. Not the end of the world if we don't make it, but it's a fun little reward for everyone if we do.

Then what will you do with one hundred and forty-two pucks of soap?

You are a razor maker. We are your backers. o_O

We only make them if we get there :). It's just a fun little extra something to keep people involved and somewhat invested in the project instead of buying it and fading away. Frankly, it's not really working all that well, but that's okay.

Could we buy the soap?

Probably not. It'll be just a Kickstarter thing I think. Although I am learning a bit of soap making myself lately so who knows what might be available in the next few months. I've got to do something to keep busy while the razors are in production. Also working on a handle design that may or may not see the light of day. Lots of fun stuff floating around in my head about future plans, but Blackbird is and will be the primary focus.

Probably not. It'll be just a Kickstarter thing I think. Although I am learning a bit of soap making myself lately so who knows what might be available in the next few months. I've got to do something to keep busy while the razors are in production. Also working on a handle design that may or may not see the light of day. Lots of fun stuff floating around in my head about future plans, but Blackbird is and will be the primary focus.
How about a razor that takes single edge blades???

How about a razor that takes single edge blades???

Maybe some day down the road. There's a whole lot of SE stuff coming out now thought so I think the space is about to get pretty cluttered. I do have some other razors concepts that I'm in the early stages of though.

... I do have some other razors concepts that I'm in the early stages of though.

@ShaneS - Interesting indeed ... ;)

Let's nail this kickstarter DE first of all PLUS the stretch goal shaving cream - we're so close to the target, it hurts.

Ohh, and don't forget the cherry wood box as well... :)

EDIT - just over 600 bucks to go now I see. C'mon son, get in there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom