Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

Shave of the day with a two tone Blackbird just as a reminder that you can pick and choose color combinations if you'd like. Side note: I've become a cold water convert in the past week. Can't believe I waited so long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 63
Only $1019 until the stretch goal. That's a hair less than 7 more backers at the average pledge amount.

Side note: I'll tally it up later, but I think the UK might be the most represented country on my backer list. Thanks!

Only $1019 until the stretch goal. That's a hair less than 7 more backers at the average pledge amount.

Side note: I'll tally it up later, but I think the UK might be the most represented country on my backer list. Thanks!

You mean there are more backers in the UK than in the US?!
I don't know if the word to use is 'impressive' but....that's very impressive :)

You better grab Blackland.co.uk ;)

Lol. My guess was incredibly wrong. Went through each backer manually (Kickstarter doesn't let you have a big list of info until the end) and found out that 19 backers are from the UK compared to 95 US backers(excluding $1, $5, and $45 backer levels). What's super interesting though is that the ratio of UK backer to US backer is 0.2, which is almost exactly the ratio of UK population to US population of 0.1995. Of course that's almost entirely coincidental and means nothing, but it's fun to me. :D

Edit: Kept going for fun. Turns out that the stats for backers from Canada applies pretty well, too. Ratio of backers from Canada vs UK is 0.58. The ratio of populations is 0.55.

AUS vs UK. Backers ratio- 0.32. Population ratio- 0.365

Nothing to do with razors. But I like numbers. So there.

Last edited:
Lol. My guess was incredibly wrong. Went through each backer manually (Kickstarter doesn't let you have a big list of info until the end) and found out that 19 backers are from the UK compared to 95 US backers(excluding $1, $5, and $45 backer levels). What's super interesting though is that the ratio of UK backer to US backer is 0.2, which is almost exactly the ratio of UK population to US population of 0.1995. Of course that's almost entirely coincidental and means nothing, but it's fun to me. :D

Ok, phew...for a second there you had me think very highly of the Brits.

I'M KIDDING!

I'd never think that :)

KIDDING!!!

:)

New reward tier today. Been asked by a few people if I would offer the handles separately so today I'm doing just that. $55 and available in 70mm and 101mm lengths and both finishes...
As one of those "few" people that asked, I'm grateful.

Edit: had a bad moment when I clicked on the handle and pledged. Got a notification that my pledge had changed to $55. I quickly repledged the "early bird special" and bumped the pledge amount up to $180. I'm guessing that is the correct way to go about it? (Also explains why there is "only" one backer for the handle).

I'd like an extra slot milled out in the box for the other handle. ;) I've got my fingers crossed, hoping that will be an option after the Kickstarter ends.

Last edited:
As one of those "few" people that asked, I'm grateful.

Edit: had a bad moment when I clicked on the handle and pledged. Got a notification that my pledge had changed to $55. I quickly repledged the "early bird special" and bumped the pledge amount up to $180. I'm guessing that is the correct way to go about it? (Also explains why there is "only" one backer for the handle).

I'd like an extra slot milled out in the box for the other handle. ;) I've got my fingers crossed, hoping that will be an option after the Kickstarter ends.

Ahh so that's you who was fiddling around with their pledge! The way you did it is perfectly fine. Kickstarter's system is kind of screwy like that. You have to constantly find ways to trick it to do things like order multiples or save spots for people.

@ShaneS - do you think you are going to offer cherry wood boxes for sale after this Kickstarter ends? Or are the boxes now dead?

We talked about it a little bit on the Den. Seems like people are requesting they be brought back from the dead so I'm considering it. If I do offer them, I'll do it after the Kickstarter, but hopefully before shipping. That way anybody who wants one can just buy the box via my site and it will come with their razor order for no extra shipping. For it to make sense though, I need to sell them for $35-40. Good chance it'll be one time thing. I'll probably also be ending the stand after this campaign.

I sent Darkbulb a box sample I had for his razor. Hopefully he'll be kind enough to pop in. His is pretty bare bones with just the cutout for the razor and laser engraving on the front. Future models(if I offer it) will have more info etched on the inside when it opens up. Probably something like:

Blackbird
Stainless Steel
USA 2015

Or something along those general lines.

Back
Top Bottom