Do you spin?

Wow, great job - don't think I've ever seen a printed tabletop spinner.
The hand spinner looks like you could throw it up on eBay/Etsy right away if you so choose. Well done indeed.

Cheers, just made centre caps which look good too.

ab74054e67130fb9382014ec6ecb99c2.jpg

Received this black, anodized ZeroFeud aluminum spinner in the mail this week.
Very, very light compared to the brass ones that I have but once I started flicking it between my fingers and seeing it spin I have to say I can see the benefit with these more lightweight options. Very nice.

At $55 shipped (US) this is one of the least expensive CNC machined metal spinners from one of the 'big guys' that I can think of.
flj092.jpg

W/ the brass one...
2937vy9.jpg

You need to remove a cap of the center bearing and de-grease ot for better free run capability. I was told acetone can do the job, I used a bit WD20.40, some dishwasher fluid and an ultrasound cleaner[emoji16]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks but I won't be getting acetone anywhere near. Acetone and the plastic used in 3d printers don't mix. It can be used in a "hot" bath where you heat up acetone and place it in an enclosed space with the item. This will give it a shiny finish but it is the Acetone attacking the plastic. The fit for the bearings is very tight and I wouldn't like it to alter that.

That said I can easily remove the cap and clean it, orange oil based cleaners are supposed to be good.

Ok Spinners

Free to a good home ! Even the postage is free.

List your name and I'll get my daughter to pick one out the hat. Closing Friday 21:00.

Printed on my 3D printer but too big for my hands, you'll need three bearings. Bearings easily available from eBay. The bearings will be a tight fit, but I've found placing the bearing inline with the hole between two coasters works well. Don't use SWMBO's best coasters or anything glass or cork.

15becdd79dbd6fdf997ac757369d4df9.jpg

daaada28d7aa1b4ad3db721b2710b114.jpg

Ok Spinners

List your name and I'll get my daughter to pick one out the hat. Closing Friday 21:00.

Printed on my 3D printer but too big for my hands, you'll need three bearings. Bearings easily available from eBay. The bearings will be a tight fit, but I've found placing the bearing inline with the hole between two coasters works well. Don't use SWMBO's best coasters or anything glass or cork.

Very nice job - too big/long for me and I'd rather see it go to someone else anyway :)
You might need to create a separate PIF thread in this sub-forum maybe so it gets some visibility? :)

Ok Spinners

Great effort, I'd be happy to give it a go if I'm lucky enough to be pulled out.

A link to the bearings you would suggest being used for whoever's name is pulled out the hat would be useful for them if you wouldn't mind sharing? I'd certainly find it useful to make sure I was getting the right ones! :D

1. @Looney12345

Back
Top Bottom