• Never smoked

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Ex-smoker

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Smoker

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Pig Cat said:
Used to smoke occasionally from age 20, usually with a drink. At times of stress this would increase to a few per day but no more than that. I gave up a few years ago and am very pleased I did too! :D

Chocolate cigarettes don't count.

Ex occasional smoker.

Had to stop completely last year, after just about killing myself. Following a pretty stressful short period in my life, during March 2009 I resorted to few cups of coffee (the morning one on empty stomach) and around 30 cigarettes per day.

The result was an acute medical condition, three months on sick leave without proper food (as I simply couldn't eat anything) and a radical change in my living and employment conditions.

Now, like Damian, I cannot smoke (not that I want to) due to this condition.

antdad said:
Pig Cat said:
Used to smoke occasionally from age 20, usually with a drink. At times of stress this would increase to a few per day but no more than that. I gave up a few years ago and am very pleased I did too! :D

:hungrig

Always wondered why I kept getting funny looks in the pub. :roll:

Well, hohum ... Yes and no ... I don´t smoke fags but cigars ... I don´t inhale though and only during the 6-7 months (average approx one day then) when it´s possible here. Been doing so for the last 10 years. Witch box do I fill in, in the poll?? :lol:

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:
Pig Cat said:

:hungrig

Always wondered why I kept getting funny looks in the pub. :roll:

And they're a bugger to light.

HM - have you ever considered how tall you would be if you had never smoked? ;)

Pipe and cigars for me. Quit cigarettes about four years ago. Don't miss them at all.

It's a different kind of smoke completely - one done at leisure at home only and obviously not inhaled.

The few remaining proper tobacconists very often do lines in quality shaving gear also, as well as single malts if that is your thing.

There are parallels too between this shaving 'hobby' and pipe/cigar smoking where supposed rarity and the rumour mill is concerned - a prime example being Dunhill products of any description.

Back
Top Bottom